• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Urgent health advice needed"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    I thought you were teetotal?

I recommend a nice cuppa.
    Nothing that happens in General is guaranteed to be real.

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I got whisky. If that doesn't work I'll try something else tomorrow. It definitely takes the edge off the sore throat.
    I thought you were teetotal?

I recommend a nice cuppa.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Meh – I am with you on the feeling pants – had bone marrow test today (they punch a hole in your hip bone & core drill a sample) now WFH sitting in a nest of pillows.

My self-prescribed medication is chocolate now & Bailies later.

But I must admit Malvolios’s suggestion of port & rum is intriguing me: but what rum to use? My choices are: Kraken / Sailor Jerry / M&S Guatemalan / Red Lobster

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Better than nasal spray for clearing the Sinuses.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I tend to go for curries at times like this, as it's about all I can taste.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Works every time:

Hottest curry you can stand followed by a generous Hot Toddy.

Hot Toddy:
    Large slug of Scotch
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    Couple of teaspoons of Honey (anti-bacterial)
    5 cloves (clove oil is an anesthetic, don't drink them)
    Boiling water to top up as desired.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You could have told me before. I was in Val-de-Travers on Friday (en-route to Creux-de-Van).

I would have told you, but you must have switched off your tracker so I didn't know you were there.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

... Get a crate of mead, or better still one bottle of port and one of rum and mix 50/50. ...
    But after that lot, don't be surprised the next morning if the throat pain has migrated upward and feels like an alien trying to burrow its way out of your forehead!

P.S. Neat brandy every time for a cold or flu, I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Meh – I am with you on the feeling pants – had bone marrow test today (they punch a hole in your hip bone & core drill a sample) now WFH sitting in a nest of pillows.

My self-prescribed medication is chocolate now & Bailies later.

But I must admit Malvolios’s suggestion of port & rum is intriguing me: but what rum to use? My choices are: Kraken / Sailor Jerry / M&S Guatemalan / Red Lobster
    There's only one thing for it. Try them all.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Get a little cough medicine from Val-de-Travers (Neuchâtel). There's a green coloured one which works for me.
    You could have told me before. I was in Val-de-Travers on Friday (en-route to Creux-de-Van).

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    off-licence

What are you, delirious or summat?

I would stick to the maxim 'drown a fever, drown a cold' if I were you - get one of each
    I got whisky. If that doesn't work I'll try something else tomorrow. It definitely takes the edge off the sore throat.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Got a cold with a nasty dry cough. When I go to the off-license, should I get a bottle of whisky, whiskey or brandy?
    off-licence

What are you, delirious or summat?

I would stick to the maxim 'drown a fever, drown a cold' if I were you - get one of each

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why not go the whole hog and put some leeches on as well?
    Why would you want BPs ex wives anywhere near you?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Got rid of a nasty rash I had recently , don't rule them out!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    They'll drink the mead.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    None of the above. Get a crate of mead

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Get a little cough medicine from Val-de-Travers (Neuchâtel). There's a green coloured one which works for me.
    Maybe also pick up a cuckoo clock, whilst out, to cheer yourself up a bit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X