• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eddie Izzard - weapons grade bell end or what?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You seriously don't have clue what racism is do you?

You have actually trotted out some of the usual excuses of someone who defends racism. We are not talking about the French, Germans or whoever we are talking about UKIP and their leader.

Also what have drug addicts got to do with race or ethnicity?
    well you obviously don't. Please clearly identify the race he offended.

Well Farage is pushing for us to leave the EU and being attacked for a comment based on people's documented behaviour. I thought we could look at his opposition and see how they behave.

Drug Addicts statistically more likely to offend, just like other groups that can be identified.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Everyone knows the best weed comes from Afghanistan. Wouldn't buy my ganga from any mere white bloke...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    “Arabs are nothing, We have never seen Arabs build roads, dams or factories...They are clever politicians, clever like beggars”, while in 1962 he proclaimed ‘I don’t like Zionist yids!”

Easy one that, De Gaulle - he hated everybody, but reserved particular contempt for the British. An air raid siren must have woken him one night while he was seeing out the war from the relatively safe distance of not being in France.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I have worked all over the world and work with people all over the world.

A sweeping statement about a high offending group being bad neighbours is not even close to people threatening to lamp you because you are the only white or Brit in the Bar. If this is the worse you have its not enough.

I assume you wouldn't want to live next to a drug treatment centre as the risk of the residents offending?

Now lets see what our European partners consider racism and unacceptable, we will ignore the Le Pens as we know they are nuts.

The least PC comments from French politicians - The Local

Conservative German politician’s racist ‘Germany 2030’ prediction triggers public outrage - Daily Sabah
    You seriously don't have clue what racism is do you?

You have actually trotted out some of the usual excuses of someone who defends racism. We are not talking about the French, Germans or whoever we are talking about UKIP and their leader.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I didn't fail. I suggest you go and work in Scotland or Canada like some of the posters or their fathers here have done with your English accent if you don't understand what racism is.
    I have worked all over the world and work with people all over the world.

A sweeping statement about a high offending group being bad neighbours is not even close to people threatening to lamp you because you are the only white or Brit in the Bar. If this is the worse you have its not enough.

I assume you wouldn't want to live next to a drug treatment centre as the risk of the residents offending?

Now lets see what our European partners consider racism and unacceptable, we will ignore the Le Pens as we know they are nuts.

The least PC comments from French politicians - The Local

who said these nice things?

He once said: “Arabs are nothing, We have never seen Arabs build roads, dams or factories...They are clever politicians, clever like beggars”, while in 1962 he proclaimed ‘I don’t like Zionist yids!”
    "You can't trust people who have such lousy cooking. The only thing they have done for European agriculture is 'mad cow' disease".
    Conservative German politician’s racist ‘Germany 2030’ prediction triggers public outrage - Daily Sabah

The human rights spokesperson for Angela Merkel's CDU party, Erika Steinbach has received intense criticism for her predictions on 'Germany in 2030' as she posted a photo of her controversial prediction on Twitter Saturday.

The photo shows a blond child surrounded by South Asian women with the caption "Germany 2030" atop and the question "Where are you from then?" beneath the image as if the women were asking the small child.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    make up your mind.

He was accused here of being a Racist. We asked the accuser to prove it and they failed.

Now are we to widen the accusation to political expediency?
    I didn't fail. I suggest you go and work in Scotland or Canada like some of the posters or their fathers here have done with your English accent if you don't understand what racism is.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    National Front is not the comparison. Farage is not a fascist by any stretch. The charge is that he is racist or happy to align with racists within and outside the party.
    make up your mind.

He was accused here of being a Racist. We asked the accuser to prove it and they failed.

Now are we to widen the accusation to political expediency?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    No, next time you'll be using the British Passport holders queue.
    Not when I'm coming into country other than the UK. Grief, I think some of you people have never travelled six inches beyond where you were born.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's not just Farage personally though. He's leader of UKIP and UKIP signed up with Polish Congress in the Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy bloc in the European Parliament. Strange bedfellow for not racists.
    True but, OTOH, Hamface just got off the stage with Natalie Bennett. Politicians are pragmatists, fundamentally, which is why we don't value them greatly.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I'll take the first two because they directly apply to Farage and not just general members of the party. Anyone could dig out unsavoury quotes from members of every UK party.

Anyway here's Channel Four's New FactCheck in response to the first one - the 'Romanian racial slur':

FactCheck: is there a Romanian crimewave?

Its conclusion:

"Met figures show that Romanians are disproportionately more likely to be arrested compared with the citizens of many other countries.

And Ministry of Justice figures similarly show that while the number of Romanians in UK prisons has fallen slightly over the last year, the number still remains large as a percentage of the likely total Romanian population."

The second link you've supplied is about:

"Ukip aide attempts to halt interview as Nigel Farage says people “know” which foreigners make good neighbours "

The quote that he got hauled over the coals for was:

"It was a stopper going out and we stopped at London Bridge, New Cross, Hither Green, it was not til we got past Grove Park that I could hear English being audibly spoken in the carriage. Does that make me feel slightly awkward? Yes it does."

Hardly an out-and-out racist.

Is your general premise is that people are the same the whole World over? I would suggest that different cultures and religions produce different environments. Nothing that you've posted suggests Farage is running some stealth National Front movement. You may find him abrasive, but I don’t think racist is something you can pin on him.
    National Front is not the comparison. Farage is not a fascist by any stretch. The charge is that he is racist or happy to align with racists within and outside the party.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The only recorded negative one about Farage personally seems to substantiated by fact. Definitely a poor choice of words though.

If he had said traveller would he be in trouble?
    It's not just Farage personally though. He's leader of UKIP and UKIP signed up with Polish Congress in the Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy bloc in the European Parliament. Strange bedfellow for not racists.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    I'll take the first two because they directly apply to Farage and not just general members of the party. Anyone could dig out unsavoury quotes from members of every UK party.

Anyway here's Channel Four's New FactCheck in response to the first one - the 'Romanian racial slur':

Its conclusion:

"Met figures show that Romanians are disproportionately more likely to be arrested compared with the citizens of many other countries.

And Ministry of Justice figures similarly show that while the number of Romanians in UK prisons has fallen slightly over the last year, the number still remains large as a percentage of the likely total Romanian population."

The second link you've supplied is about:

"Ukip aide attempts to halt interview as Nigel Farage says people “know” which foreigners make good neighbours "

The quote that he got hauled over the coals for was:

"It was a stopper going out and we stopped at London Bridge, New Cross, Hither Green, it was not til we got past Grove Park that I could hear English being audibly spoken in the carriage. Does that make me feel slightly awkward? Yes it does."

Hardly an out-and-out racist.

Is your general premise is that people are the same the whole World over? I would suggest that different cultures and religions produce different environments. Nothing that you've posted suggests Farage is running some stealth National Front movement. You may find him abrasive, but I don’t think racist is something you can pin on him.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    linky

linky

linky

linky

If you don't think the terms used are a problem I suggest you go and have a conversation about them with people from those backgrounds. Oh and if you use those terms or similar on this site you will get banned.

linky

linky

linky

Edited to say their only MP, Douglas Carswell, hasn't made any racist comments and in fact p*ssed off with the rest of the party.
    The only recorded negative one about Farage personally seems to substantiated by fact. Definitely a poor choice of words though.

If he had said traveller would he be in trouble?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well yes he's spent his life suffering prejudice and ignorance. Still, labelling his views as a "hang up" is rather close-minded. Might as well say you've a hang-up about not trusting people claiming principles because of YOUR childhood.
    I think you might have missed the emphasis of what I was saying. It's on record that Izzard suffered from bulling as a child. Perfectly understandable that he doesn’t want others to suffer in whatever form.

What I was trying to point out that his judgement is clouded as is his solution. Why so? Perhaps because humans have been knocking seven bells out of each other since day dot. I'm not sure that inviting the World and his wife to the UK is going to change such things - probably quite the opposite. His is an emotional response.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    absolutely none.

As I said its the leftie policy shout racist and deny discussing immigration. Then eventually when even the ethnic minorities complain about immigration do something about it quietly.
    I was actually finding links from those on the right in the media as well as the left and those owned by foreigners with no particular opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X