• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Top Gear with Chris Evans"

Collapse

• barrydidit
    replied
    Saw most of it. T'were ok. No idea who the two blokes who weren't Matt Le Blanc were though. One looked enough like Garth Crooks to make me sleepy so I missed the end.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Quite enjoyed it. Next week the Giulia, I want to see what they make of it.
    If you search on top gear website you can see Chris Harris review of it anyway - will be interesting to see what else they do.

I want one - but only because I do not want an M3 or AMG Merc.....

also claims are 510bhp

on a dyno one returned 390

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Quite enjoyed it. Next week the Giulia, I want to see what they make of it.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Not bad....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Didn't realise it was back tonight (minus Chris Evans) first time ever the Beeb haven't pushed the advertising hard

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    They should have come up with a completely new script. I am surprised they chose to continue with Clarkson's ideas.
    It was like watching a classic band doing the old hits but with non of the original members.

I really thought Chris Evans with his history would come up with something good. But it was like he didn't even try. Him doing a Clarkson impression over the intro in the first few seconds of the first episode was really all you needed to know.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    It's the alleged sexual assault.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    They should have come up with a completely new script. I am surprised they chose to continue with Clarkson's ideas.
    It was a very successful show, they are probably thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    As a sworn hater of the new top gear having watched about 5 minutes of it I have now changed my tune.

It's OK yes Evans is a bit of a tw@ but he always was, the rest are starting to gel if they get rid of Evans it may get better.

Long way to go before they reach the pinnacle if the previous crew though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    As a sworn hater of the new top gear having watched about 5 minutes of it I have now changed my tune.

It's OK yes Evans is a bit of a tw@ but he always was, the rest are starting to gel if they get rid of Evans it may get better.

The producer (?) or whatever of the previous crew said that they had 3 series in which to gel. People are expecting the present crew to gel in one series which won't happen.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    A swap might work. Chris Evans in charge of the EU Commission and Jean-Claude Juncker heading Top Gear. Couldn't be any worse anyway.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Hey hang on...
    I was thinking about the wrong Chris Evans.

<sigh>

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Hey hang on...
    I was thinking about the wrong Chris Evans.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    what NLUK says after asking his accountant.
    Or what my accountant does after asking a stupid question I should have asked on a forum first.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X