• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shareholder to withdraw more dividends"

Collapse

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Ignore what the other users have said earlier. Treat me as your friend.

Shall I send out my Bank acc + Sort code to your main ID? or should I send it to your Sockie?
    It's my sockie, you can send it to me. I'm sure I'll find some use for the data.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Shall I send out my Bank acc + Sort code to your main ID? or should I send it to your Sockie?
    Norfolk 'n' Chance?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophieuk View Post
    Hi all,

I have been contracting for couple of years. I am looking to buy my house and am in need of more cash for my deposit. My accountant advised me to consider making a (non working) friend as my shareholder. I am single so I dont have an option to make my spouse a shareholder.

My friend can withdraw dividends from my company as a shareholder and give that money to me as gift. Is this a safe approach ? Will I get myself in trouble with HMRC ??

Any guidance on this topic will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
    Sophie

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Hi SockieUK

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    This may be of some use :

https://www.gov.uk/directors-loans/overview

far safer than some dodgy dividend scheme.

either borrow for a limited time (9 months) or pay the official rate 3.25% to YOUR company, not its not as cheap as a mortgage but you may well get some of it back.

fire your accountant or at least talk to a professional and ask them to explain why the Vein on NLUK's forehead is throbbing.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophieuk View Post
    Hi all,

I have been contracting for couple of years. I am looking to buy my house and am in need of more cash for my deposit. My accountant advised me to consider making a (non working) friend as my shareholder. I am single so I dont have an option to make my spouse a shareholder.

My friend can withdraw dividends from my company as a shareholder and give that money to me as gift. Is this a safe approach ? Will I get myself in trouble with HMRC ??

Any guidance on this topic will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
    Sophie
    LOL! Seriously, you are considering this 'advice'?

Would you let a friend have full access to your bank account as well?

Leave a comment:

• JB3000
    replied
    Looks like a sockie

Shows over................back to work

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    I needed extra money for a mortgage deposit last year.

The scheme I came up with was to take an extra dividend and pay higher rate tax on it.

Crazy I know.
    YANCOTBAC

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    I needed extra money for a mortgage deposit last year.

The scheme I came up with was to take an extra dividend and pay higher rate tax on it.

Crazy I know.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Dewey, Cheatem & Howe
    Wier, Norfolk & Goode.....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    All fur coat and no knickers.
    Ahhhh so thats why you get away with so much, you have the photos

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Nice to see that NAT hasn't lost his inability to perform simple tasks....
    All fur coat and no knickers.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Its a sad state of affairs when RH (who has been AWOL for years) is still not the worse mod!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No, he didn't.

Off to General with you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X