• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 5?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    BBC Sport - Harriette Thompson, 92, sets marathon record in San Diego

Pah, now that's an achievement!

Seriously though, well done BP.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Many thanks all. I am in so much pain now. Getting up on the last day, know that I was in agony and that the last marathon would add to my pain, was extremely tough.

My triple swim last year was not good. So I got a swim coach and worked very hard at my swimming. My triple swim this year was just as bad! I was gutted. I withdrew before I was pulled from the race. Luckily the organizers are flexible so agreed I could drop to a continuous triple. I came top in that category.

The highlights for me were the family turning up. And chatting to people who think this sort of event is normal as opposed to completely mad.

Its going to be interesting seeing how long before I can start to walk without calf muscles and soles of feet protesting...
    stupid check.
    Awesome check

well done!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Many thanks all. I am in so much pain now. Getting up on the last day, know that I was in agony and that the last marathon would add to my pain, was extremely tough.

My triple swim last year was not good. So I got a swim coach and worked very hard at my swimming. My triple swim this year was just as bad! I was gutted. I withdrew before I was pulled from the race. Luckily the organizers are flexible so agreed I could drop to a continuous triple. I came top in that category.

The highlights for me were the family turning up. And chatting to people who think this sort of event is normal as opposed to completely mad.

Its going to be interesting seeing how long before I can start to walk without calf muscles and soles of feet protesting...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    What they all said

+1. When your updates disappeared off the website I was getting concerned...

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Excellent - well done BP!
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I salute you indefatigability. Well done!
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    You're still completely bonkers, but well done
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    What they all said

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sorry for the lack of update! I switched events so had a new timing chip.

I completed a continuous triple.

I will post more when I can. I really appreciate all the support and donations.

I have many injuries. My feet are just one big bruise on the soles. Incredibly painful.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    You're still completely bonkers, but well done

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

I salute you indefatigability. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

I have many injuries. My feet are just one big bruise on the soles. Incredibly painful.
    Excellent - well done BP!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Hope he is going for it? doesnt seem to much in the way of a report on progress
    No, not looking good

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    Hope he is going for it? doesnt seem to much in the way of a report on progress

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Bike peddler is a shop that sells cycling stuff.

It's where I got my rear view mirror from

Bike Peddler Take A Look Cycling Eyeglass Mirror | Amazon.com: Outdoor Recreation
    As is Charlie the Bike Monger, rather than being a Cyclist that sells charlie.

I was wondering how BP was getting on while I was driving home this afternoon. Quite why he feels bad about "only" doing a triple swim I don't know. I;d have drowned after 20 minutes I think.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    well he is not last!

keep going BP!
    being still breathing is an achievement after that lot, my wife would be spending the insurance if it were me.

Go Brillo!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    well he is not last!

keep going BP!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X