• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Libby Lane

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Libby Lane"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How is it hurting them?
    You don't think that teaching both boy and girl children that girls should be subservient and not speak up/ask questions could be harmful? Taking it to extremes, it results in situation often found in other religions where women are forced to marry against their will, and beaten by abusive husbands.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    If she prays really hard to Santa she might get a box set of Breaking Bad, failing that Dexter.
    You write letters to Santa, you numpty.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Apparently the Archbishop gave her a Bible by way of congratulations. Seems like rather a thoughtless gift, as she's probably already got one. A box set or an iTunes voucher would have been better.
    If she prays really hard to Santa she might get a box set of Breaking Bad, failing that Dexter.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Even the twat that's being ordained next week will get one.
    bit of a rude way to describe the next woman bishop!

seriously its not B'liar is it?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Apparently the Archbishop gave her a Bible by way of congratulations. Seems like rather a thoughtless gift, as she's probably already got one. A box set or an iTunes voucher would have been better.
    All new bishops get a new copy.

Even the twat that's being ordained next week will get one.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    How is it hurting them?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I thought you were a fan of the "let people do what makes them happy if it doesn't hurt anyone" philosophy? Following that logic IF a woman is happy with a role of supporting her husband isn't that OK? (note: I'm not saying that IS the correct biblical teaching, just playing )
    I am. But if that's what they then teach their daughters/sons it is hurting someone, IMO. I guess if you believe that that's "right" then you'd argue it's not hurting anyone.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Hmmm. And while I don't generally hold with the "anti religion" mob, as long as there are more than a few fringe loons who think stuff like this is relevant today there is a big problem. And I know that many Christian women also think it's relevant, not just the men.
    I thought you were a fan of the "let people do what makes them happy if it doesn't hurt anyone" philosophy? Following that logic IF a woman is happy with a role of supporting her husband isn't that OK? (note: I'm not saying that IS the correct biblical teaching, just playing )

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    It's a special bible. He's crossed out 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 & 1 Timothy 2:11-12 and initialled the changes.
    Are they the bits where the beautiful lady in the tower lets her hair down so the hero can climb up or where the children make a trail with bread crumbs and the birds eat them?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    It's a special bible. He's crossed out 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 & 1 Timothy 2:11-12 and initialled the changes.
    Hmmm. And while I don't generally hold with the "anti religion" mob, as long as there are more than a few fringe loons who think stuff like this is relevant today there is a big problem. And I know that many Christian women also think it's relevant, not just the men.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Maybe she hasn't got one. Perhaps she's just good at blagging.
    Did't realise the Church used Freelancers,

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Maybe she hasn't got one. Perhaps she's just good at blagging.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Have you told some of the male bishops and archbishops they need some work on their teeth?
    No, for the same reason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X