• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Santa needs to buy perfume today"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    I do wish they would get that feckin cone off the Duke of Wellington's head and the next person that puts it there gets a swift booting up the stones.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    2 grandparent and their granddaughter, they must have taken her Christmas shopping. That is heart breaking.

It looks like the lorry went out of control hundreds of yards down the street. Possibly the passenger tried to steer it up the road but could not get it to stop. That is a total guess. If the lorry had went towards the stairs at the station or mounted the pavement along the square or went into the square it could have been dozens killed. Where the lorry ended up is just a sort of unused drop off point, it must have been steered in that direction.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Life is pretty unfair, you can do some pretty reckless things and be ok, then you are out doing Christmas shopping and a bin lorry hits a pavement full of people a street away.

Feel a bit glum.
    Understandable. Terrible accident.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    pretty horrid, coincidentally something similar happened in France.

Man drives van into crowd at Christmas market in Nantes, France | Daily Mail Online

lets hope its not a trend.
    Sounds like that one was deliberate. Witnesses say the guy in Glasgow was slumped over the wheel, so sounds like illness - a tragic accident.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    pretty horrid, coincidentally something similar happened in France.

Man drives van into crowd at Christmas market in Nantes, France | Daily Mail Online

lets hope its not a trend.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Life is pretty unfair, you can do some pretty reckless things and be ok, then you are out doing Christmas shopping and a bin lorry hits a pavement full of people a street away.

Feel a bit glum.
    Understandable.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Bugger. Bet you thought you'd be whinging about busy shops when you got back

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    And I thought running a series of marathons in the desert was you're bravest and most foolhardy idea.

Feel a bit glum.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I ended up getting her Issey Miyake pleats please.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Another vote for Chanel No. 5. If you don't know what she actually wants/likes then Chanel is a guaranteed fallback.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I was walking down Buchanan street to get to frazers, must have been on the junction up about the time it happened.

That corner would have been heaving.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I got called about that, sirens going off, I'm about 200 yards away.

Was going to post about perfumes. Doesn't seem the time now.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I have now entered the grand hall of smell.

Frazers on Buchanan street.
    Glad to see you posted after Six people feared dead after bin lorry crashes into pedestrians in Glasgow city centre - Daily Record occurred.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I have now entered the grand hall of smell.

Frazers on Buchanan street.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X