• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Facebook: People you may know"

Collapse

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    They don't force you to add them, they hope you will though to increase their advertising revenue (the whole reason they want you to friend, like etc etc).

Frank McAvennie showed up in my suggested friends recently (ex Scotland, Celtic, West Ham footballer).

Mentioned it online, and a few friends had seen the same.

Turns out someone we all knew had a friend who was friends with him.
    So we are all six degrees from Frank McAvennie and not Kevin Bacon? I guess that figures. I wonder Frank's met Kevin Bacon?

qh

Leave a comment:

• Smartie
    replied
    photos

I imagine Facebook could use photos of you from another profile where you just happen to have been in the pic then ID you. After all, their new facial recognition thing can apparently tell if you're drunk or not...

Besides that there are third party apps like this one:
    https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...you-up-online/

Photos are personal data, more than ever, but are shared and are often out of your own control.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Facebook: People you may know

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Again?
    I've given up readding him after each flounce!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    How did you wangle that? Hope you went armed with business cards in your pannier!
    Bumped into former colleague who works there, and she invited me

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Doesn't matter - it's not my clientCo - they don't invite me to theirs. This party was the company in the next door building - I've no idea who the other people in the photos are!
    How did you wangle that? Hope you went armed with business cards in your pannier!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Direction and Control?
    Doesn't matter - it's not my clientCo - they don't invite me to theirs. This party was the company in the next door building - I've no idea who the other people in the photos are!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    They made me do it.
    Direction and Control?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    OMG! There are photos of MS in a jaunty hat!
    They made me do it.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I know the real reason is so that you can get the inside scoop on my mate's predictions. His name is Clyde
    Time is of the essence with these things. If the good lord is warning us to stay away from ice cream vans, we need to know!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I know the real reason is so that you can get the inside scoop on my mate's predictions. His name is Clyde
    Found him

One for zeity in today's batch.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    OMG! There are photos of MS in a jaunty hat!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I've broken my own rule - pondy is my only facebook friend I've never actually met.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Weirdly you undermined yourself earlier.

Facebook==private==false
    I know any content I upload to Facebook is fair game for them to use and abuse, that is a given with any "free" service where the cost is your data, but I carefully choose what I share with the general public, if Facebook want to sell pictures of my rubber duck collection than rock on!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Has big sis forgiven you yet?
    Ooops, I may have shared one of her doggy pics recently...
    Last edited by mudskipper; 9 December 2014, 23:34.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Big sis got involved in an anti-dog fighting group on fb, which resulted in her family photos being shared with very unpleasant comments attached.

Seriously folks, be careful with your data (and I know I'm one of the worst culprits)
    Has big sis forgiven you yet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X