• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Non Alcoholic Drink Recommendations"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Apple juice and mineralwater or soda. Not too sweet.

Have you tried Becks Alcohol free?

German style alcohol free beers are great.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You can also buy little (like 20ml or so) bottles of gin/whisky/etc flavouring. They are sold with the idea you infuse them into vodka to make your own cheap spirits.

What you can also do, since they're very very concentrated, is add just one or two drops to a glass of ginger ale or tonic water to get a rough approximation of a G&T or whatever. I tried a gin one a while ago and it was actually OK.

The bottles are so small you might consider them acceptable to carry one in your jacket pocket and I don't think it would cause issues in a pub. Could be worth a look anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Another vote for Lime and Soda, very refreshing if it's hot and sweaty in the pub.

An alternative if you don't want anything too sweet, Soda water and Bitters. Most bars have a bottle of Angostura lurking on the back somewhere. It does have alcohol in it but you use so little it won't notice.

These are good, but not sure if a pub would have them. Home - Bottle Green

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Ginger beer. Or lime and soda. Got bite and not sickly sweet.

Carbonated mineral water is also nice, especially with a slice of lemon.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What's wrong with water? You can even get it in trendy bottles.
    WHS, fizzy water makes a surprisingly satisfying beer substitute.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    What's wrong with water? You can even get it in trendy bottles.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Technically that is a "Bloody Shame" - still not a bad idea!

@OP - Big Tom is pretty nice and available in supermarkets.
    Although obviously so is Tomato Juice, Tabasco plus Lee&Perrins

"Real" lemon based drinks are pretty good too - PLJ is a decent brand
    Waitrose also do nice squashes, can't think of the brand but it comes in Green glass bottles.

Pubs and Restaurants are more of a problem
    All those kind of drinks are nice in moderation but I just feel sick if I have more than one or two.

The only things I can drink in any quantity on an evening out are alcohol free lagers and coffee but you can imagine how popular I am when I order coffee in a busy town pub on a Saturday night

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    One of my friends dropped dead yesterday - he had stopped drinking for 3 months on a health kick and started going to the gym

Heart attack

You could be next

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    Virgin Mary. A Bloody Mary with no vodka.
    Technically that is a "Bloody Shame" - still not a bad idea!

@OP - Big Tom is pretty nice and available in supermarkets.
    Although obviously so is Tomato Juice, Tabasco plus Lee&Perrins

"Real" lemon based drinks are pretty good too - PLJ is a decent brand
    Waitrose also do nice squashes, can't think of the brand but it comes in Green glass bottles.

Pubs and Restaurants are more of a problem

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    If you want to stay stopped - stay out of the pub.

"Green Champagne" (Lime & Soda)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    Virgin Mary. A Bloody Mary with no vodka.
    Virgin Tequila Slammer.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Lemon water is quite nice, couple of slices in water pop in the Fridge.

some of these look nice even a sprite recipe

non alcoholic drinks - search Instructables

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Mask any overly sweet drink with cheese and onion monster munch and pork scratchings

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    carbonated water

herbal teas

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I drink either grapefruit juice or tonic water. In a restaurant, I'd have just water - except Chinese or Indian restaurants where I'll have green tea or chai.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X