• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: PCG to IPSE

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PCG to IPSE"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Yep, that's what I thought when I heard about the Euro version Freelancers Europe | Building a movement for freelancers - I actually thought they'd oppose it, but I thought wrong, they agree with it (or they 'engage' with it - make of that what you will...)

At least I still have their insurance, not sure the rest of it is worth it.
    Same here, I have their insurance and user their contract templates. But it's been ages since I've logged onto their site. I've given up on IR35 changing for the better.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    A waste of time and money.

When the decision was made to change its name, who on earth came up with such a crap name?

Crazy, a classic case of someone wasting other peoples money, they are probably all ex-civil servants.
    No, they aren't.

HTH. BIDI...

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    A waste of time and money.

When the decision was made to change its name, who on earth came up with such a crap name?

Crazy, a classic case of someone wasting other peoples money, they are probably all ex-civil servants.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    ERM, doesn't the Federation of Small Business already occupy this niche?
    Nah there is a difference -

The Fed of Small Businesses is for people who employ others but sometimes don't.

IPSE is for people who work on their own but sometimes employ others.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I thought it should be INKSPE.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    I think they've moved on from being a contractor's union fighting IR35 to being a lobby group for the self employed and small business owners since that sector has grown over the last few years.
    ERM, doesn't the Federation of Small Business already occupy this niche?

PCG? Bunch of self aware fukwits.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Eek looks cute....
    Careful, Suity will get jealous

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Nah I'm more

Did I ever mention that I went to the Tellytubbies' film set 20 years ago. Those rabbits were scarily big...
    Twenty years?

I feel old.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    My mind is more innocent.

Actually, that's what I imagine eek looks like.
    Eek looks cute....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Nah I'm more

Did I ever mention that I went to the Tellytubbies' film set 20 years ago. Those rabbits were scarily big...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    Hmmm, sounds like a ......trade union...
    As long as they don't ask me for a subscription to any political party I don't care....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Thats all very well, but it reminds me of Nipsy, which is something entirely different. Or not, depending on your opinions i suppose.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    Hmmm, sounds like a ......trade union...
    Yep, that's what I thought when I heard about the Euro version Freelancers Europe | Building a movement for freelancers - I actually thought they'd oppose it, but I thought wrong, they agree with it (or they 'engage' with it - make of that what you will...)

At least I still have their insurance, not sure the rest of it is worth it.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

How to keep a secret....

Tell your membership they are getting advance notice of something then watch them do your advertising for you lol....

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    but ipse (pronounced ‘ip-say’)
    Well I am glad they clarified that for me....
    Latin for 'himself'

Pronoun ipse (feminine ipsa, neuter ipsum)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X