• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Job of the Day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Job of the Day"

Collapse

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You are PC's sockie aren't you?
    Can't be, the only time I claimed JSA was for 2 weeks in 1996 when I left uni before getting my first graduate job, PC has his own parking space at his local Job Centre

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    C'mon only 3 pages?. This is CUK!, at least 10 pages of comments telling me I'm talking complete bollox are required before I will even consider that I possibly, maybe, could be, a little teeny tiny bit... wrong.
    You are PC's sockie aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Agree with this. Kal has this one all wrong but won't let it drop even after 3 pages of posts pointing it out.
    C'mon only 3 pages?. This is CUK!, at least 10 pages of comments telling me I'm talking complete bollox are required before I will even consider that I possibly, maybe, could be, a little teeny tiny bit... wrong.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Looks to me like the very first step on the "middle management" ladder - probably about £25k's worth in permie land. I made the switch to contracting and decided it would be worth the risk and switch if I could get £250 per day....
    Agree with this. Kal has this one all wrong but won't let it drop even after 3 pages of posts pointing it out.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    That's all very well but not anyone who sat at home watching Jeremy Kyle can apply for a role like this, looks like they want an experienced agile team lead working in financials for 190 notes a day. Client is probably paying £250 so the agent is taking a 30% cut (total conjecture on my part but not beyond the realms of feasibility IMO).
    So basically, one would be better off flipping burgers at McDonalds or stacking shelves at Tesco if you factor in holiday and sickness benefits?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    That's all very well but not anyone who sat at home watching Jeremy Kyle can apply for a role like this, looks like they want an experienced agile team lead working in financials for 190 notes a day. Client is probably paying £250 so the agent is taking a 30% cut (total conjecture on my part but not beyond the realms of feasibility IMO).
    Looks to me like the very first step on the "middle management" ladder - probably about £25k's worth in permie land. I made the switch to contracting and decided it would be worth the risk and switch if I could get £250 per day....

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    And would be like winning the lottery for someone who is on some crap 0 hour minimum wage contract!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    So £200 / day outside IR35 puts you in the top 10% (more or less).

Of wages it nudges into top 20% for 7.5 hr day.

Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings, 2013 Provisional Results - ONS
    At the other end of the distribution, 10% of full-time employees earned more than £27.02 per hour, which was also an increase of 1.5% compared with the previous year.
    but household earnings show a slightly different story.

UK incomes: how does your salary compare? | Money | theguardian.com

wage or divis etc.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And would be like winning the lottery for someone who is on some crap 0 hour minimum wage contract!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Absolutely. To get in the top 10% of earners you need to be on £44k a year. That percentage goes down if you start adjusting out the super earners and bringing in self employed etc that skew the number.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Oddly enough this contract could have paid somewhere around the Duke of Cambridge's £40k a year wage for being an air ambulance pilot. I didn't have a clue what they paid pilots but thought it was more than this.
    As far as I'm aware your average budget airline pilot with a few years experience is on 35k or thereabouts. It's a desirable job, so competition keeps the wage low.

The Senior pilots at places like BA etc can earn well over 100k.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    £100 a day?, that just about covers my lunch of lobster with a bottle of bollinger to wash it down with, what I am supposed to live on for the rest of the day
    Maybe a half-bot would be better.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Oddly enough this contract could have paid somewhere around the Duke of Cambridge's £40k a year wage for being an air ambulance pilot. I didn't have a clue what they paid pilots but thought it was more than this.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    No, just people on here have wildly inaccurate views about the average earnings of average people. Most people, especially those without a professional trade, would consider anything £30k+ to be a good salary. £40k+ is just a dream to the majority of the population.
    Absolutely. To get in the top 10% of earners you need to be on £44k a year. That percentage goes down if you start adjusting out the super earners and bringing in self employed etc that skew the number.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    True. It doesn't mean this contract rate isn't stupid, but you have to laugh at people here who genuinely seem to believe living off £100/day isn't possible.
    £100 a day?, that just about covers my lunch of lobster with a bottle of bollinger to wash it down with, what I am supposed to live on for the rest of the day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X