• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    True. It doesn't mean this contract rate isn't stupid, but you have to laugh at people here who genuinely seem to believe living off £100/day isn't possible.
    £100 a day?, that just about covers my lunch of lobster with a bottle of bollinger to wash it down with, what I am supposed to live on for the rest of the day

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      No, just people on here have wildly inaccurate views about the average earnings of average people. Most people, especially those without a professional trade, would consider anything £30k+ to be a good salary. £40k+ is just a dream to the majority of the population.
      Absolutely. To get in the top 10% of earners you need to be on £44k a year. That percentage goes down if you start adjusting out the super earners and bringing in self employed etc that skew the number.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oddly enough this contract could have paid somewhere around the Duke of Cambridge's £40k a year wage for being an air ambulance pilot. I didn't have a clue what they paid pilots but thought it was more than this.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
          £100 a day?, that just about covers my lunch of lobster with a bottle of bollinger to wash it down with, what I am supposed to live on for the rest of the day
          Maybe a half-bot would be better.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Oddly enough this contract could have paid somewhere around the Duke of Cambridge's £40k a year wage for being an air ambulance pilot. I didn't have a clue what they paid pilots but thought it was more than this.
            As far as I'm aware your average budget airline pilot with a few years experience is on 35k or thereabouts. It's a desirable job, so competition keeps the wage low.

The Senior pilots at places like BA etc can earn well over 100k.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Absolutely. To get in the top 10% of earners you need to be on £44k a year. That percentage goes down if you start adjusting out the super earners and bringing in self employed etc that skew the number.
              So £200 / day outside IR35 puts you in the top 10% (more or less).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                And would be like winning the lottery for someone who is on some crap 0 hour minimum wage contract!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Of wages it nudges into top 20% for 7.5 hr day.

Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings, 2013 Provisional Results - ONS
                  At the other end of the distribution, 10% of full-time employees earned more than £27.02 per hour, which was also an increase of 1.5% compared with the previous year.
                  but household earnings show a slightly different story.

UK incomes: how does your salary compare? | Money | theguardian.com

wage or divis etc.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    And would be like winning the lottery for someone who is on some crap 0 hour minimum wage contract!
                    That's all very well but not anyone who sat at home watching Jeremy Kyle can apply for a role like this, looks like they want an experienced agile team lead working in financials for 190 notes a day. Client is probably paying £250 so the agent is taking a 30% cut (total conjecture on my part but not beyond the realms of feasibility IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                      That's all very well but not anyone who sat at home watching Jeremy Kyle can apply for a role like this, looks like they want an experienced agile team lead working in financials for 190 notes a day. Client is probably paying £250 so the agent is taking a 30% cut (total conjecture on my part but not beyond the realms of feasibility IMO).
                      Looks to me like the very first step on the "middle management" ladder - probably about £25k's worth in permie land. I made the switch to contracting and decided it would be worth the risk and switch if I could get £250 per day....

Comment

Working...
                      X