• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This weekend I will mostly be...."

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Worked fine for a while, and nearly finished mowing the lawns, but now the damned thing won't turn on!

The battery is fully charged, and inserted properly along with the little override key. But the dead man's handle has stopped actually turning the thing on. This handle is linked to the motor with a steel cable, which also goes through an on-off switch half way up the main handle. But the cable has obviously lost a slight bit of tension and pulling the dead man's handle up to the main frame no longer starts the motor.

So I guess next weekend will start with a visit to Homebase
    15% off supposedly next weekend

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Also taking delivery of my snazzy new cordless electric lawnmower tomorrow, just in the nick of time as the lawn hasn't been mowed for nearly a month and is rapidly turning into a meadow
    Worked fine for a while, and nearly finished mowing the lawns, but now the damned thing won't turn on!

The battery is fully charged, and inserted properly along with the little override key. But the dead man's handle has stopped actually turning the thing on. This handle is linked to the motor with a steel cable, which also goes through an on-off switch half way up the main handle. But the cable has obviously lost a slight bit of tension and pulling the dead man's handle up to the main frame no longer starts the motor.

So I guess next weekend will start with a visit to Homebase

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yeah but if you ran 100+ miles a week you would find it hard to keep weight on.
    I'm not saying that they should look any different, just that it's not a look I aspire to.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Haha, I thought this while watching it on TV. They're clearly fit as hell and I'm very jealous of their ability, but they don't look how I want to look.
    Yeah but if you ran 100+ miles a week you would find it hard to keep weight on.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Cheers all. Who knew the Surrey Hills had so many damn hills It was hot out there but I hobbled round in 2 hrs 1 min.
    Nicely done. I doubt I could average a sub 10:00min/mile half marathon in any weather

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I went to watch the CW marathon this morning.

You kind of feel better about your own marathon times when you see they are all emaciated and/or midgets.
    Haha, I thought this while watching it on TV. They're clearly fit as hell and I'm very jealous of their ability, but they don't look how I want to look.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    There's an impressive number of fit, or getting fit people on here

i wonder what an agents site would be like

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Cheers all. Who knew the Surrey Hills had so many damn hills It was hot out there but I hobbled round in 2 hrs 1 min.
    That wasn't hobbling then mate, very respectable for a hilly course on a hot day IMO. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Liverpool Giants. It was quite good.

qh

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Congrats! Seems to be a day for 1/2 marathons.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Went to local running club last week. Bloke with a belly the size of semi detached house was there who had entered for a marathon in 36 weeks. He has his work cut out but I had to admire the determination. How many other fat/unfit people would set themselves a target like that?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I went to watch the CW marathon this morning.

You kind of feel better about your own marathon times when you see they are all emaciated and/or midgets.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Good luck, dude. I was meant to do a 10 miler yesterday, dropped it down to 6 and after half way pretty much gave up running. The Sun was totally unbearable and even though I drank a litre of water I felt dehydrated all evening
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Good luck - hope it's not too hot! (for the run, not the beach...)
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Good luck oracleslave!!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    TFA

Mrs P is away until next weekend.
    An all-dayer has been called for tomorrow under the premise that there's some rugby on. I've pointed out that a 12 o'clock start is a bit adventurous for a 7pm kickoff. As a consequence my email inbox contains more man-up & grow a pair comments than suity's rep list.
    Sun: recovering and pottering in the garden

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    some beer in manchester tonight

some golf and some beer in the home town tomorrow

sunday nowt (thank the lord!)

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    House hunting and probably selling a kidney to pay for the house

Leave a comment: