• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "K2 Partnering Solutions"

Collapse

• camfish
    replied
    Originally posted by captainham View Post
    I'm currently working via K2 and yes they asked for refs before interview (which I gave as a mate had prior with them).

ok to work through, they pay on time although check how (if) they pay expenses. They only pay mine once end client has paid them, which means about 90 day terms which is pretty pants.
    Ta very much. I'll go ahead with it.

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    Originally posted by camfish View Post
    Thanks. Will check the contract carefully, if it gets that far.

And re the cost of living - my extensive research (10 minutes with Google) suggests the cost of living is 50% higher than where I am now, but property costs 2.5 times as much. Ouch.
    I'm currently working via K2 and yes they asked for refs before interview (which I gave as a mate had prior with them).

ok to work through, they pay on time although check how (if) they pay expenses. They only pay mine once end client has paid them, which means about 90 day terms which is pretty pants.

Leave a comment:

• camfish
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    If it's for a real job interview I would give them the references.

Note NAT's comment about them demanding exclusivity for working in Switzerland however...
    Thanks. Will check the contract carefully, if it gets that far.

And re the cost of living - my extensive research (10 minutes with Google) suggests the cost of living is 50% higher than where I am now, but property costs 2.5 times as much. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    If it's for a real job interview I would give them the references.

Note NAT's comment about them demanding exclusivity for working in Switzerland however...

Leave a comment:

• camfish
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Have you seen the cost of living in Switzerland. That double salary won't cover much at Swiss prices.
    It's for a test lead role, and I've never worked in banking! All my previous roles have been in embedded s/w.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by camfish View Post
    Do K2 ask for references before putting your CV forward to the client? They are asking me for references for a Swiss banking job, and the (permanent) salary is twice what I would have expected. Smells fishy to me...
    Have you seen the cost of living in Switzerland. That double salary won't cover much at Swiss prices.

Leave a comment:

• camfish
    replied
    Do K2 ask for references before putting your CV forward to the client? They are asking me for references for a Swiss banking job, and the (permanent) salary is twice what I would have expected. Smells fishy to me...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Just to play the NLUK card... Search the forum, Im sure there is a thread here somewhere!
    Ahh you see, when I say that I more often than not search first to make sure it is there and I don't look like a proper spanner when it doesn't exist.... know what I mean...

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    I've worked with them in the past. They take a high margin (approx 25%) but they are VERY efficient. My pay was NEVER late, always by the middle of the month as long as my timesheet was in on time. If you don't mind working in Europe, they are a good agent to work with, as they have quite a lot of clients in mainland Europe across different technologies.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I won't use them. If you do get a contract with them, read it carefully or get a lawyer to check it through. They tend to say, for the Swiss contracts, that you can't work in Switzerland as a contractor through anyone else. While such a clause is challengable, there's no precedence set yet.

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    Originally posted by shona82 View Post
    Hello, I may be starting my first IT contract soon through K2 Partnering Solutions.
    Does anyone have any experience of dealing with them, are they reputable?
    They contacted me previously for a role with my old client. Everything apart from the margins are fine. They have around 25-30% margin as a standard, and they do not negotiate. But this was 2.5 years ago, and things might have changed.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Just to play the NLUK card... Search the forum, Im sure there is a thread here somewhere!

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by shona82 View Post
    Hello, I may be starting my first IT contract soon through K2 Partnering Solutions.
    Hope you get some positive info soon. Not dealt with them personally but not heard any glowing praise recently either. I believe they are Swiss owned. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• shona82
    started a topic K2 Partnering Solutions

K2 Partnering Solutions

Working...
X