• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

K2 Partnering Solutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K2 Partnering Solutions

Hello, I may be starting my first IT contract soon through K2 Partnering Solutions.
    Does anyone have any experience of dealing with them, are they reputable?

Originally posted by shona82 View Post
    Hello, I may be starting my first IT contract soon through K2 Partnering Solutions.
    Hope you get some positive info soon. Not dealt with them personally but not heard any glowing praise recently either. I believe they are Swiss owned. Good luck.

Comment

Just to play the NLUK card... Search the forum, Im sure there is a thread here somewhere!
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by shona82 View Post
        They contacted me previously for a role with my old client. Everything apart from the margins are fine. They have around 25-30% margin as a standard, and they do not negotiate. But this was 2.5 years ago, and things might have changed.

Dave.

Comment

I won't use them. If you do get a contract with them, read it carefully or get a lawyer to check it through. They tend to say, for the Swiss contracts, that you can't work in Switzerland as a contractor through anyone else. While such a clause is challengable, there's no precedence set yet.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've worked with them in the past. They take a high margin (approx 25%) but they are VERY efficient. My pay was NEVER late, always by the middle of the month as long as my timesheet was in on time. If you don't mind working in Europe, they are a good agent to work with, as they have quite a lot of clients in mainland Europe across different technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              Just to play the NLUK card... Search the forum, Im sure there is a thread here somewhere!
              Ahh you see, when I say that I more often than not search first to make sure it is there and I don't look like a proper spanner when it doesn't exist.... know what I mean...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do K2 ask for references before putting your CV forward to the client? They are asking me for references for a Swiss banking job, and the (permanent) salary is twice what I would have expected. Smells fishy to me...

Comment

Originally posted by camfish View Post
                  Do K2 ask for references before putting your CV forward to the client? They are asking me for references for a Swiss banking job, and the (permanent) salary is twice what I would have expected. Smells fishy to me...
                  Have you seen the cost of living in Switzerland. That double salary won't cover much at Swiss prices.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Have you seen the cost of living in Switzerland. That double salary won't cover much at Swiss prices.
                    It's for a test lead role, and I've never worked in banking! All my previous roles have been in embedded s/w.

Comment

Working...
                    X