• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "For anyone looking for PI / PL Insurance ..."

Collapse

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean this? Which covers smaller businesses.
    That's the one

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    Assuming you mean if the company goes bust...

Aren't all insurance policies covered by the FSA if the company goes bust? (something like 100% of the payout upto £2K, the rest paid out at 90%)

Or is that for non-business only?
    You mean this? Which covers smaller businesses.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I think he means that in order for you to be in the position of claiming on the insurance, you must have done something that the client can prove was both your fault and negligent/incompetent/etc. And since you were negligent/incompetent/etc your insurance is invalid.
    That's the same with all insurance companies.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    I think he means that in order for you to be in the position of claiming on the insurance, you must have done something that the client can prove was both your fault and negligent/incompetent/etc. And since you were negligent/incompetent/etc your insurance is invalid.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    BTW, cheap insurance is no good if they dont pay out!

Aren't all insurance policies covered by the FSA if the company goes bust? (something like 100% of the payout upto £2K, the rest paid out at 90%)

Or is that for non-business only?

Leave a comment:

• aubergine
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    Out of interest, just took out a policy from a company called Glemham via a site called SimplyBusiness.co.uk for Public Liability and PI insurance for £109.39 for the year.

FYI, I'm an analyst / developer and the policy has £1M / £500K cover but there are a few exception clauses around supplying software which may not suit some people.

For me, it was more of a 'box ticking' exercise to meet the agency rules for my new gig though.

Cheap as chips.

Hope this helps someone...
    I'm looking at Glemham - they're very cheap, and I'm tempted. What were the exclusions you were worried about? I could only see exclusions in relation to hacking and viruses ..

Leave a comment:

• royster
    replied
    I use Trafalgar Insurance for their Professional Indemnity / Tax & VAT, + Employers Liability (£10 million),
    + Public Liability

PI = £1M
    EI = £10M
    PL = 1M

total for the year £385

Leave a comment:

• Wobblyheed
    replied
    Been with them 5 years now - cheap as chips!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    QDOS. 1 million quid PPI and PI for 189 quid.

WHS^ And I pay it monthly at no extra cost.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    QDOS. 1 million quid PPI and PI for 189 quid.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Wow, they quoted me >£1500. I currently pay £400.
    That's 'cos you don't work for them?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Wow, they quoted me >£1500. I currently pay £400.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    V Cheap indeed.

Do they do any contract checking and if so how much?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    started a topic For anyone looking for PI / PL Insurance ...

For anyone looking for PI / PL Insurance ...

Out of interest, just took out a policy from a company called Glemham via a site called SimplyBusiness.co.uk for Public Liability and PI insurance for £109.39 for the year.

FYI, I'm an analyst / developer and the policy has £1M / £500K cover but there are a few exception clauses around supplying software which may not suit some people.

For me, it was more of a 'box ticking' exercise to meet the agency rules for my new gig though.

Cheap as chips.

Hope this helps someone...

Working...
X