• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Job of the week (worst recruiter reach outs of the week)"

Collapse

• Fraidycat
    replied
    A good percentage of IT people, even experienced ones, are only worth 50K (or less).

While the best are worth 10 times that (but rarely get paid anywhere near that much here in the UK).

So if they not being picky and happy to take someone very mediocre then why waste money..
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 7 July 2023, 14:08.

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

so how much is per hour then oh wise one?

£30.10 x 37 hours x 45 weeks = £50,116.

So the gross is the same as the salary.

That is before umbrella costs.

That is before employer national insurance.

That is before benefits, mainly pension.

I make it out at about £40-42/h to be financially equal-ish. Some like and think there should be a premium on top of that due to the temporary nature of the role.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mephisto View Post

Ta. Not been on for awhile and generally(!) avoided General.
    Very wise

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

No it's not. General is the place for these.
    Ta. Not been on for awhile and generally(!) avoided General.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

£50k public sector with presumably good benefits is absolutely not £30/h. They are taking the piss.
    so how much is per hour then oh wise one?

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

that's an FTE/prem they want with a 2 month trial. Not a contractor.

It's the 4th one down this list I reckon City of Bradford MDC (engageats.co.uk)
    but an agency is trying to get someone in.
    £50k public sector with presumably good benefits is absolutely not £30/h. They are taking the piss.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Is this the official crap contracts thread?
    No it's not. General is the place for these.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

I get it. It's the pubic sector but good god...

------------------
    Transformation and Change Programme Manager
    Inital
    (sic) 2 month contract with extension possibilities
    £30.10 per hour, Inside IR35
    FULL TIME OFFICE BASED IN BRADFORD
    37 hours per week - Full Time

My Client are a Local Government organisation based in Bradford, West Yorkshire and are seeking a Transformation and Change Programme Manager on a short term assignment.

Ideal candidate attributes:
    • 5 years experience of operating at a senior management level within a large multifunctional public service organisation, and in a service area relevant to the post.
    • 3 years demonstrable experience of driving and delivering change, facilitating work groups and programme and project management experience.
    • L6 - NQF Level 6 - Bachelors Degree, postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent level or professional qualification in a relevant discipline.
    • A formal Project Management qualification eg PRINCE 2, MSP or significant programme and project management experience amounting to 5 years.
    'Please can we have the world from you? In return we'll give you the sewers that run underneath every major Conurbation + contents aka £222.74 per day! Special bonus ... wait for it ... you'll be INSIDE IR35!! That's ~£3,500 after tax per MONTH* !! APPLY NOW!'

according to listentotaxman and before any brolly deductions
    ---------------------

Sorry if any of my maths is off and yes the Comic Sans is deliberate. Very deliberate.
    that's an FTE/prem they want with a 2 month trial. Not a contractor.

It's the 4th one down this list I reckon City of Bradford MDC (engageats.co.uk)
    but an agency is trying to get someone in.

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied

I get it. It's the pubic sector but good god...

------------------
    Transformation and Change Programme Manager
    Inital
    (sic) 2 month contract with extension possibilities
    £30.10 per hour, Inside IR35
    FULL TIME OFFICE BASED IN BRADFORD
    37 hours per week - Full Time

My Client are a Local Government organisation based in Bradford, West Yorkshire and are seeking a Transformation and Change Programme Manager on a short term assignment.

Ideal candidate attributes:
    • 5 years experience of operating at a senior management level within a large multifunctional public service organisation, and in a service area relevant to the post.
    • 3 years demonstrable experience of driving and delivering change, facilitating work groups and programme and project management experience.
    • L6 - NQF Level 6 - Bachelors Degree, postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent level or professional qualification in a relevant discipline.
    • A formal Project Management qualification eg PRINCE 2, MSP or significant programme and project management experience amounting to 5 years.
    'Please can we have the world from you? In return we'll give you the sewers that run underneath every major Conurbation + contents aka £222.74 per day! Special bonus ... wait for it ... you'll be INSIDE IR35!! That's ~£3,500 after tax per MONTH* !! APPLY NOW!'

according to listentotaxman and before any brolly deductions
    ---------------------

Sorry if any of my maths is off and yes the Comic Sans is deliberate. Very deliberate.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

I was as professional as I could be and said that: “for that rate I am not getting out of bed”
    To be fair I'm on a great rate and still get out of bed The joys of remote working. Just have to tape the camera up so don't accidently turn it on.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

When I get email like that, with silly rates, I always make a point of going back with what rate I expect. I never hear back, and I doubt it changes anything, but a little bit of me hopes that message makes its way back to those with the budget.
    I was as professional as I could be and said that: “for that rate I am not getting out of bed”

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Python + Front end full stack engineer- - London, UK- Contract
    When I get email like that, with silly rates, I always make a point of going back with what rate I expect. I never hear back, and I doubt it changes anything, but a little bit of me hopes that message makes its way back to those with the budget.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Python + Front end full stack engineer- - London, UK- Contract

Hi, We have a Job opportunity for Python + Front end full stack engineer, Please share me your email ID, will share job spec, you can share me your updated CV with contact details, Will call you to discuss further about this role.
    Please provide below required details : Current Address : Visa status with validity/ Work permit in UK: Expected daily rate inside IR35 : Notice Period/Availability : Job Description / Responsibilities::::: Role: Python + Front end full stack engineer
    Client: Accenture
    • We are looking for Python + Front end full stack engineer, Desired experience level : 7+ years.
    • Python (Must have) - flask framework, pandas, data frames, SQL Alchemy – Must have (Expert)
    • VueJS or ReactJS or Angular- For front-end (Any JavaScript based Front-end knowledge should work) – Must have (Moderate level would do)
    • Postgres - Any relational db knowledge should work. (Must Have)

This role is for client Accenture, clients budget is 350-400 GBP/Day inside, May i know your minimum negotiable expected day rate inside? Waiting for your response........
    If you do not want stained bed sheets(with man juice), the rate after tax barely covers a hotel for the night.
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 31 May 2023, 20:03.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Incognito
    replied
    Wipro, TCS, Infosys and HCL can certainly be described as leading tech companies.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by DrewG View Post

Because you've set the bar so very high.....
    that's a fair shout to be honest

Leave a comment:

Working...
X