• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question about NPPV Level 3 checks"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    This site has taught me 2 things about Security Clearnce

1) No-one on CUK can tell anyone what the result of any individual's SC will be
    True...

2) People on CUK who have been SC like to spend a significant amount of time telling others that they should not be asking about the process of being SC
    Not true. We are happy to talk about the process; it is not a state secret to know how it works and, as has been demonstrated several times, i does help people who are nervous about some misdemeanour in their past..

What we can't do is answer questions on pass/fail criteria - which is what the OP, along with many others, is (or rather was) asking.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

2) People on CUK who have been SC like to spend a significant amount of time telling others that they should not be asking about the process of being SC
    3) Confirming / Boosting (say on linkedIn) you've got Security Clearance is grounds for your clearance to be revoked.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sapstar
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

and the answer to that is the same one I gave you on Saturday night

No one, except the people making the decision, knows....
    Yes, I got that too. I was only responding to malvolio as he was asking if I am trying to hide information.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by sapstar View Post
    Whether they know it or not, I am going to put everything on the form. My question was only about what is the criteria for rejection.

Like I said I already have SC since 2018. It is just the NPPV which I will need to do now.
    and the answer to that is the same one I gave you on Saturday night

No one, except the people making the decision, knows....

Leave a comment:

• sapstar
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post
    And you think that the police team doing the NPPV vet won't know that...?
    Whether they know it or not, I am going to put everything on the form. My question was only about what is the criteria for rejection.

Like I said I already have SC since 2018. It is just the NPPV which I will need to do now.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

I got my caution in 2015 and did include in my security clearance application which was approved in 2018.
    I haven't mentioned my client about the new allegation as I am yet to receive anything from the police. I only see a note from my ex's solicitor that a police report was made towards the end of Sep 2021, in a family court hearing early october.
    And you think that the police team doing the NPPV vet won't know that...?

Leave a comment:

• sapstar
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post
    Don't want to worry you but have you notified your Security Controller of the allegation? Any significant changes need to be flagged and these include "being arrested or cautioned by the police".
    I got my caution in 2015 and did include in my security clearance application which was approved in 2018.
    I haven't mentioned my client about the new allegation as I am yet to receive anything from the police. I only see a note from my ex's solicitor that a police report was made towards the end of Sep 2021, in a family court hearing early october.
    Last edited by sapstar; 18 October 2021, 12:28.

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Don't want to worry you but have you notified your Security Controller of the allegation? Any significant changes need to be flagged and these include "being arrested or cautioned by the police".

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I see. Thanks.

Just to clarify, my end client remains the same. My SC doesn't need to be transferred or reapplied. It's just that an additional NPPV level 3 is needed. I guess nobody will still know the answer

I did find some detailed information on the internet on what offences/open cases will and will not clear police verification for police jobs, but nothing specifically for NPPV.

Would I be able to request the agency that I will serve my notice only after NPPV clearance is confirmed? Not sure if this can only begin after the contract starts.

I didn't go into details, but told the agency that I have concerns about NPPV before the interview. They just brushed it under the carpet staying if you have SC, there is no way NPPV will be rejected. You just need to list everything in the application and you will be fine.
    Yes, list everything. Not doing so will fail you immediately.

No it won't be fine. There are two different regimes because they are looking at two different sets of criteria.

As a result we don't know and never will. Try to understand what you're being told.

Leave a comment:

• sapstar
    replied
    I see. Thanks.

Just to clarify, my end client remains the same. My SC doesn't need to be transferred or reapplied. It's just that an additional NPPV level 3 is needed. I guess nobody will still know the answer

I did find some detailed information on the internet on what offences/open cases will and will not clear police verification for police jobs, but nothing specifically for NPPV.

Would I be able to request the agency that I will serve my notice only after NPPV clearance is confirmed? Not sure if this can only begin after the contract starts.

I didn't go into details, but told the agency that I have concerns about NPPV before the interview. They just brushed it under the carpet staying if you have SC, there is no way NPPV will be rejected. You just need to list everything in the application and you will be fine.
    Last edited by sapstar; 16 October 2021, 21:47.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Thanks for your response. I get an error that I am not authorised, when I click the link.
    It said Nobody knows as the thing is we won’t know what the reaction of the people at doing the checks will be - they could see it one way or the other and the rules may have changed since the Wayne Couzens’ case

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    The link says Nobody Knows.

Leave a comment:

• sapstar
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Sadly this is the only answer anyone can give you

Click image for larger version

Name:	024E2596-3E94-47D8-BE3B-3287DEE833D3.jpeg
Views:	818
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	4187993
    Thanks for your response. I get an error that I am not authorised, when I click the link.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Sadly this is the only answer anyone can give you

Click image for larger version

Name:	024E2596-3E94-47D8-BE3B-3287DEE833D3.jpeg
Views:	818
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	4187993

Leave a comment:

Working...
X