• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "In an absolute mess with Corporation Tax"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by simes View Post
    £10k max without questions asked... Would it be worth it? Maybe.
    Useful.....

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    £10k max without questions asked... Would it be worth it? Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Could take the money out of the ltd as a director's loan, stick it in premium bonds or 12 month fixed rate saving account (I'm sure there must be one somewhere paying a better than inflation interest rate somewhere ), then repay the director's loan before next company year end (so no declaration of loan required on company accounts so HMRC don't give a toss), and keep any premium bond winnings/saving rate interest as a personal bonus.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrButton View Post
    Well yes. You open a Business savings account...
    Or just take the company credit card out of your wallet when the company isn't trading?

Most, if not all of the major providers offer different Accounts. Santander most certainly does. Interest rates are awful though.

Have a look at the Aldermore ones which can offer an OK rate for different periods of lock in.

Leave a comment:

• MrButton
    replied
    Originally posted by fiisch View Post
    On a related topic, is there a Business Banking Account that will allow you to separate a current account / savings-type account (even if you don't actually earn any interest)?
    Well yes. You open a Business savings account...

Leave a comment:

• fiisch
    replied
    On a related topic, is there a Business Banking Account that will allow you to separate a current account / savings-type account (even if you don't actually earn any interest)?

I will be taking steps to ensure this never happens again - part of the problem was that there was a large amount of cash in a "current" account, which essentially only stopped the fraudsters drawing when the account ran out of funds.

Had I been able to segregate the funds as I would with my personal bank accounts (hell, and maybe even earned a miniscule amount of interest in the process), I'd have at least been able to minimise the losses....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Don't need a pin if you're simply signing for stuff or using contactless, or making a distance payment (online etc) Was it maybe one of them?
    Erm..

and they have CCTV image from Cashpoint of the cards being used.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Don't need a pin if you're simply signing for stuff or using contactless, or making a distance payment (online etc) Was it maybe one of them?

Leave a comment:

• GammaMadrid
    replied
    Have you tried reaching out to phil@dwstres for help with TTP?

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Maybe chip and pin has been cracked so they can obtain the pin from the chip on the card, or an equivalent way around it. Can't be that hard to brute force attack a 4 digit code given enough time and the physical card and some appropriate hardware, can it?

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The reason they had your pin is because they spied on you probably at the bank just before pinching your wallet, for example there could have been a false keyboard.

He does mention he only used one of the cards in-country, and had multiple cards scammed. Your suggestion does happen however.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The reason they had your pin is because they spied on you probably at the bank just before pinching your wallet, for example there could have been a false keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• garethevans1986
    replied
    fiisch, have sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• fiisch
    replied
    Originally posted by MrButton View Post
    Clever - I assume you mean CashPlus is the bank.

Assume the accountancy firm got a kickback (monies) when they recommended.

Apparently not..... The bank are top of my hit list. Absolute swines.

My personal banks were fantastic in their response. The business bank were woeful - too much to bore you with, but by the time the other banks had completed their investigations and indemnified, GashMinus were still to email me the required form to enable me to formally report the transactions as fraudulent....

Their favourite phrase seems to be: “we are not a high street bank”.

Leave a comment:

• fiisch
    replied
    Originally posted by 1manshow View Post
    Shame they didn't teach you how to read the whole sentence (thus identifying the comma error) to comprehend what the OP meant.
    Comma error? How dare you! A list of adjectives should have a comma separator.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X