• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: NTT Data

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NTT Data"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    My experience with Keane/Caritor and their new brand (NTT Data in UK) is based in working with them in UK. Not talking about NTT Japan they may be like Sony/Toyota.
    The "new brand" you refer to has been in existence for over 4 years, so it would appear that your experience is from a long time ago if you still call them by a defunct company name.

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Keane is a sub-brand of the US division of NTT Data, all the UK work has been rebranded as NTT Data for a few years, in fact checking companies house, Keane UK Ltd is dissolved and all assets were sold and transferred to NTT Data UK on 31/03/13.

So, none of the software/consultancy/outsourcing in the UK is done by Keane.
    And NTT Data are nothing like TCS/Wipro/etc.

Apart from that, there's (maybe) some truth in Darren's post.

(I should add that my experience of NTT is not based on Wikipedia or hearsay, but working with them in some of their Tokyo offices)
    My experience with Keane/Caritor and their new brand (NTT Data in UK) is based in working with them in UK. Not talking about NTT Japan they may be like Sony/Toyota.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    NTT Data

Keane is a sub-brand of the US division of NTT Data, all the UK work has been rebranded as NTT Data for a few years, in fact checking companies house, Keane UK Ltd is dissolved and all assets were sold and transferred to NTT Data UK on 31/03/13.

So, none of the software/consultancy/outsourcing in the UK is done by Keane.
    And NTT Data are nothing like TCS/Wipro/etc.

Apart from that, there's (maybe) some truth in Darren's post.

(I should add that my experience of NTT is not based on Wikipedia or hearsay, but working with them in some of their Tokyo offices)

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Most of software/consultancy/outsourcing side of NTT Data comes from Keane. Keane is a subsidiary of NTT Data after acquisition in 2011. Keane itself was the outcome of merger with Caritor in 2007. Caritor acquired Keane but decided to rename new entity as Keane. From software consulting side they are just another outsourcer like Accenture/Wipro/Infosys/TCS.
    Having worked with TCS, Wipro and Accenture I don't believe it's fair to lump them together.

TCS/Wipro could not plan their way out of a paper bag.

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    Most of software/consultancy/outsourcing side of NTT Data comes from Keane. Keane is a subsidiary of NTT Data after acquisition in 2011. Keane itself was the outcome of merger with Caritor in 2007. Caritor acquired Keane but decided to rename new entity as Keane. From software consulting side they are just another outsourcer like Accenture/Wipro/Infosys/TCS.
    Simples

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied

Leave a comment:

• grabri
    replied
    NTT - Nippon Telegraph and Telephone

Largest Japanese Telecoms company - equivalent of BT in that they grew out of state-owned communications company.

NTT Data is one of many subsidiaries see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTT_DATA
    Last edited by grabri; 11 September 2017, 23:01.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    It all depends who the endclient is. If it's Virgin Media NO NO NO

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    NTT were/are part of Dell aren't they?

Current ClientCo uses them for offshore support. Freakin' awful consultants they have offshore. But then I guess that's not a surprise to anyone here
    NTT Data bought out Dell Services last year.

NTT were never part of Dell. NTT are way too big.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    NTT were/are part of Dell aren't they?

Current ClientCo uses them for offshore support. Freakin' awful consultants they have offshore. But then I guess that's not a surprise to anyone here

Leave a comment:

• pillar100
    replied
    Thanks WTFH and VWDan

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I've not worked directly for them, but I have done projects with and on behalf of them. As above, they aren't an "agency".

They're freaking huge - I wouldn't have any concerns regarding payment etc. Can't speak to conditions on the ground, though as I was sheltered from that side.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    They aren't an agency, they are part of NTT, one of the biggest companies in Japan.
    Part of NTT Data is a consultancy division. Without knowing the role you were applying for, I suspect you would be working for them but delivering work to end clients.

If they are anything like their parent company, you should have no problem with payments.

Leave a comment:

• pillar100
    started a topic NTT Data

NTT Data

Hello.

Does anyone have any feedback on this company/agency...good, bad or ugly? The usual such as contract friendly, payments etc.

I may have an opportunity through them and have never used them before (they seem a large-ish company) and can find little information on this site for them as an agency.

Thanks

Working...
X