• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "State of the Market"

Collapse

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

there are a few posts on reddit about it but not quite sure if it is only america related or happens the same in britain as well.
    The East Coast Perm market diverged from the U.K about 2 years prior to the pandemic i.e. $285k base for Lead Consultants (25 Years exp.) out of D.C, not partner level. Corporate-to-Corporate day rates started to climb up to $2500-$3250 pd, therefore, with a good pipeline of work a consultant can bring in $500k-$750k per year of revenue, not to mention the value-add around change programmes.

Someone further up asked about contract PM roles in the City Of London, they have been steadily been moving these out of London for years, can't see that market getting any better tbh and it was in a poor state prior to the pandemic because of this.
    Last edited by Bluenose; 13 September 2021, 13:16.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    yas, but not for LondonPM's.

Leave a comment:

• NowPermOutsideUK
    replied
    So the executive salary is that it job market is booming again?

can anyone comment specifically on finance and London and whether there has been a pick up in that space?

Leave a comment:

• JohnM
    replied
    Its been a pretty tough 18 months for a lot of contractors but the market is starting to really pick up now for developers. I dont think I can ever remember my phone being so busy as it has been this week, its been many years since I have known it to be like this

Its getting back to pre covid/pre Ir35 levels and the pleasant surprise is there are still lots of outside gigs becoming available

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Whooa whooa time out time out

I'm already ashamed enough I can't meet them, no need to rub it in

Gotta give me some credit here. Number of calls to desk, time spent on incident and follow up calls by the customer stats would all drop through the floor which is a good thing no? Customer satisfaction might be a sticking point however....

Thank god the advert did mention understanding customers problems and providing accurate and useful information
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 September 2021, 10:39.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Strong Verbal and Written communication - is one you would pass.
    I think they mean capable rather than confrontational

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied

Great customer service skills - would probably be the killer though. I suspect they would prefer someone to say Yes, instead of Have you asked your accountant.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

To be fair you are absolutely correct. The advert goes on to say...
    • Experience in IT Support or Desktop Support.
    • Strong work ethic.
    • Enthusiastic.
    • The drive for new learning.
    • Great customer service skills.
    • Strong Verbal and Written communication.
    So it appears I can't meet one single criteria for the role.
    Strong Verbal and Written communication - is one you would pass.

Great customer service skills - would probably be the killer though. I suspect they would prefer someone to say Yes, instead of have you tried google.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

I doubt NLUK would get it, he has neither of the requirements.
    To be fair you are absolutely correct. The advert goes on to say...
    • Experience in IT Support or Desktop Support.
    • Strong work ethic.
    • Enthusiastic.
    • The drive for new learning.
    • Great customer service skills.
    • Strong Verbal and Written communication.
    So it appears I can't meet one single criteria for the role.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Good luck with your application

I doubt NLUK would get it, he has neither of the requirements.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's not really out of the norm for a first line call handler. There are some worse ones on the same page. It does say
    • An interest in IT nice to have but not essential.
    • BTEC/A-Level in IT/Computer Science nice to have but not essential.
    So it's really the lowest of the low when it comes to required skills. 2k a month for having next to zero skills and education sounds like a bloody great gig
    Good luck with your application

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    Desktop Support Analyst, Banking, London, 6 month contract, £100 per day

Bank of Nigeria ?
    That's not really out of the norm for a first line call handler. There are some worse ones on the same page. It does say
    • An interest in IT nice to have but not essential.
    • BTEC/A-Level in IT/Computer Science nice to have but not essential.
    So it's really the lowest of the low when it comes to required skills. 2k a month for having next to zero skills and education sounds like a bloody great gig

Leave a comment:

• Destiny2
    replied
    Desktop Support Analyst, Banking, London, 6 month contract, £100 per day

Bank of Nigeria ?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by bownyboy View Post
    Just finishing up a six month outside gig and they’ve offered me a 12 month extension. I’ve got 3 friends / colleagues onboard as well.

I’m fielding calls / LinkedIn messages most weeks now from recruiters, from speaking with some agencies and recruiters I’d say it’s the busiest it’s been since before covid.

Taking a month off between the renewal and also negotiated a 4 day week.

Esp for the 4 day week. I need to do that but I have too many holidays to pay for

Leave a comment:

• bownyboy
    replied
    Just finishing up a six month outside gig and they’ve offered me a 12 month extension. I’ve got 3 friends / colleagues onboard as well.

I’m fielding calls / LinkedIn messages most weeks now from recruiters, from speaking with some agencies and recruiters I’d say it’s the busiest it’s been since before covid.

Taking a month off between the renewal and also negotiated a 4 day week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X