• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where am I going wrong - help finding a new contract"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
    No commitments. Nothing. They arranged an interview and nothing signed. We both were confident it will be a success, may be over confident. Agency never came back as some other feedback here that they don’t like people who fail interview. However agency in known in field / sector. Worth checking with Client first what they specifically wants and circle back via Agency as a courtesy?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    do you need advice on how to put your socks on, too??

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    A quick update. The Client Head of Business contacted me over LinkedIn and asking for a chat. I feel they are keen to have me to oversee a project in a SME capacity. This is the same Client whose feedback was I was over qualified. Do I mention this to Agency or Go Direct ?

No, will lead To heehaw

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    depends what commitments you've made to the agency.
    Have you made any? What do they say?
    If they say you can't go direct to client A for 6 months afterwards then you should talk to the agency.
    No commitments. Nothing. They arranged an interview and nothing signed. We both were confident it will be a success, may be over confident. Agency never came back as some other feedback here that they don’t like people who fail interview. However agency in known in field / sector. Worth checking with Client first what they specifically wants and circle back via Agency as a courtesy?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    A quick update. The Client Head of Business contacted me over LinkedIn and asking for a chat. I feel they are keen to have me to oversee a project in a SME capacity. This is the same Client whose feedback was I was over qualified. Do I mention this to Agency or Go Direct ?

depends what commitments you've made to the agency.
    Have you made any? What do they say?
    If they say you can't go direct to client A for 6 months afterwards then you should talk to the agency.

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Completely agree. I am possibly running 2-3 ideas at the same time, thanks for the nudge.

Best to think through your ideas about how you post as well.
    It doesn't look good if you like to include your CV or your skills in posts. Some might think you were spamming the forum to try to get your company name out there.

(treat that as a polite warning)

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    can't see that, somehow, since you don't appear to have much of a clue what you're doing.
    Completely agree. I am possibly running 2-3 ideas at the same time, thanks for the nudge.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    As long as you are cheaper than me and I get to keep a margin.

can't see that, somehow, since you don't appear to have much of a clue what you're doing.

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Once we've got you a gig do you want us to do the work for you as well?
    As long as you are cheaper than me and I get to keep a margin.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    you've got plenty of time on your hands it seems

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Over qualified = Could do the job but to much trouble to mange.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And don't spam threads asking the same question or the Mods will give you the same answer that the interviewers gave you...

Leave a comment:

• zonkkk
    replied
    However client feedback came as I was over qualified... so wondering what went wrong.
    Maybe you came across too confident or pushy; the "know it all" type that some people can't work with and/or get scared of?

Always read the interviewer, and tone it down/up depending on how they react to what you're saying.
    Last edited by zonkkk; 24 May 2019, 08:03.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Not sure can be off topic so ignore if you want. Recently spoke to a potential new Client - 1-2 days / week role. Client liked the CV and good discussion. However client feedback came as I was over qualified, coming out of permanent job in July. What did I do wrong? What ticked that off? Also worth getting back to Client (directly or through Agent) just to explain more? I have couple of similar contracts roles (part time as what I am looking) already signed so wondering what went wrong. Desperately need the money.
    Thanks in advance

If the feedback says you're overqualified it means they don't want you.

It's just an easy way to say that without feeling impolite.
    It may be they've found someone else. They may have not decided if they want that role filling. They may not like the cut of your jib.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X