• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Loyalist paramilitaries withdraw support for the GFA"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    No - it's a fact.

When the Irish contractor on my team joked with me about wanting his fee raised by a potato a day - that was racist.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    There's loads of potatoes in Ireland I've heard.
    That's a bit racist that, at all, at all.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I guess Shaunbhoy will get his recall papers soon. There's loads of potatoes in Ireland I've heard.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Honest Boris will burrow a tunnel, and thus avoid any border checks.

General Elections will remain suspended until that happens.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    A unified Ireland would go a long way to sorting this.

Then it would be the EU’s problem. Surely the Little Englanders would be happy with that, they set the ball rolling after all.
    I think it's increasingly looking like that could happen although a heck of a lot of people will be very annoyed. I bet someone's run the numbers somewhere. I do hope we don't end up with The Troubles II.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    A unified Ireland would go a long way to sorting this.

Then it would be the EU’s problem. Surely the Little Englanders would be happy with that, they set the ball rolling after all.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

That's what NI have ended up with.
    The rabid brexiters like Vetran don't care about NI, or wales, or Scotland ... they only care about little England. In their heads the UK is only England and everyone else can go fook themselves. They're a simple lot

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The question was LEAVE or Remain not half in and half out controlled by Europe
    That's what NI have ended up with.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

So why do Brexit in the most Moronic form (no customs union)?
    FTFY

Why stay in a customs union controlled by the EU when it was clear in the voters mind an the question the vote was to leave the EU.

The question was LEAVE or Remain not half in and half out controlled by Europe i.e. a customs union.

The lies about no Army and no federal destination have been exposed now.

Goodness you remainers are a bit simple.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    What a shocker Irish politics is very volatile and all sides of Ireland will pick a fight wherever possible.
    So why do Brexit in the most Mor Onic form (no customs union)?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

The Tories were warned this would happen. It was lumped in with Project Fear. But again, it plays into the hands of the Tories as this is another 'enemy' that their rabid xenophobic supporters can hate.
    What a shocker Irish politics is very volatile and all sides of Ireland will pick a fight wherever possible, this is self rule where the parties can't even sit in one room for years.

What a shocker. The only reason they came to the table in the first place was the US cut off the money.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN2AW0K8

"Northern Irish loyalist paramilitary groups have told British Prime Minister Boris Johnson they are temporarily withdrawing support for the 1998 peace agreement due to concerns over the Brexit deal."
    The Tories were warned this would happen. It was lumped in with Project Fear. But again, it plays into the hands of the Tories as this is another 'enemy' that their rabid xenophobic supporters can hate.

Leave a comment:

• Loyalist paramilitaries withdraw support for the GFA

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN2AW0K8

"Northern Irish loyalist paramilitary groups have told British Prime Minister Boris Johnson they are temporarily withdrawing support for the 1998 peace agreement due to concerns over the Brexit deal."

Working...
X