• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thinking of retiring to France"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Nine more days and Party Time!!!!
    Eight more days and Party Time!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Payment of first invoice of the year?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why?

Pension Considerations When You Move Abroad

Also why would I be worse off? would I have to show my UK passport when I buy things so they can charge me more than the locals?
    You don't get any smarter do you? Have a think about it and come back when you have a more informed question.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Because the Wail says the UK should not pay benefits to migrants.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Why?

Because the Wail says the UK should not pay benefits to migrants.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    "still"? When has anyone ever welcomed you with open arms?

You go retire there fella. Just make sure your pension payments aren't impacted and you can get health care. No one is stopping you, but you will be worse off due to Brexit than you would have been had we stayed in the EU. You can't have your cake and eat it mate
    Why?

Pension Considerations When You Move Abroad

Also why would I be worse off? would I have to show my UK passport when I buy things so they can charge me more than the locals?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Just a bit concerned this Brexit lark will affect my plans on retiring to France in my winter years. Do you think the French people will still welcome me with open arms?
    "still"? When has anyone ever welcomed you with open arms?

You go retire there fella. Just make sure your pension payments aren't impacted and you can get health care. No one is stopping you, but you will be worse off due to Brexit than you would have been had we stayed in the EU. You can't have your cake and eat it mate

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Which SS division was your granddad in?
    Totenkopf

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    don't worry a few years after we leave we will have to go back & liberate it from the Filthy Boche / Frogs as usual. The french ladies will be glad to see us just like they did our Grandads..

Which SS division was your granddad in?

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Do you think the French people will still welcome me with open arms?
    French people don't welcome their mothers with open arms.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    ... IQ test would be sufficient.
    Why?
    Because Brexiters without any exceptions whatsoever are all superbly intelligent? Only let the thickos into Europe.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Serious question indeed that warrants serious answer.

The answer is NO - people who wanted Brexit should NOT expect to move to France or any other country for that matter.

In order to make it effective lie detector test should be administered for all visas, even though in most cases simple IQ test would be sufficient.
    Why?

You have made an assumption - which it seems a lot of people who do not want Brexit have also made - which is that because we do not want to be part of a political union whose sole interest is the continuation of itself and it's goal to be seen as a single unified European country we therefore do not want to enjoy the finer parts of what the European Continent has to offer.

Do I want to become a part of the USA? No

And therefore by your logic I cannot enjoy what that country has to offer.

We are not in Soviet Union now you know.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Following the last General Election ever, you'll be lucky to be able to move to the next town without a passport. Oh, wait... Corbyn lost. Sorry. As you were.

As for communicating with the French, it helps while your shouting, to wave a three day old copy of the Daily Mail threateningly at them. The fear will make them remember that they are, after all, fluent in English.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    don't worry a few years after we leave we will have to go back & liberate it from the Filthy Boche / Frogs as usual. The french ladies will be glad to see us just like they did our Grandads.. Check first they may be your cousin, its a problem unless you come from Norfolk.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    You can always get some binoculars and watch it off one of the Channel Islands.
    Probably only during the night as in the new bargain basement Britain it's not very likely you'll be able to see daylight or even retire.
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 21 January 2020, 23:37.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X