• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Latest poll - be afraid, be very afraid"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    The Brexit party needs a decent manifesto and they would have a real chance the original parties are more toxic than Chinese baby milk.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Pegging sterling to the rouble.
    I think you'll find that should be rubble...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Once Boris Johnson has been crowned watch the combined support for Brexit party and Tories shrink as the Remainers peel off.

The Tories will simply become the extended Brexit party.

I don't see much hope for them in the next GE.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not sure if that reflects what will happen in an election. Some might wonder what other policies the BR party has. Not much info at mo.
    Pegging sterling to the rouble.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Not sure if that reflects what will happen in an election. Some might wonder what other policies the BR party has. Not much info at mo.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Latest yougov

Voting Intention: Brex 22%, Con 22%, Lab 20%, Lib Dem 19% (24-25 June) | YouGov

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Can't see that as they are (mostly) the same voter pool.
    "LAB 26% CON 26% BREX 16% LD 21% GRE 6% CHUK 1% UKIP 1% AP 5%"= 102% (some numbers were rounded up)

So no, they are not same voter pool, but big question how it would work in marginals - if they make pact though, then Farage will call on the faithful to vote for Tory Scum

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It will be coalition called BRExit CON

HTH
    Can't see that as they are (mostly) the same voter pool. Very real risk to Tories that their vote is split with Brexit Party and in marginal seats this results in a Lib/Lab win. High possibility that Brexit win voters off Tory, but they both lose the seat to Lab/Lib

Of course, if Lab don't get their brexit message sorted the same could happen between them and Libs

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Why? You're plainly not a supporter of democracy in any form! the very narrow form I imagine it exists in the UK
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Why? You're plainly not a supporter of democracy in any form!
    I support democracy in a form of compulsory voting (to deal with voter supression techniques) and proportional representation, backed up by regular referendums like the Swiss got.

Plus guns - that's 4 pillars of healthy democracy.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Why should I be afraid? Worst case, Corbyn gets in and I don't get any inheritance from my parents when they die.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    btw this poll would make sense in a country with a sensible electoral system - proportional representation
    Why? You're plainly not a supporter of democracy in any form!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    btw this poll would make sense in a country with a sensible electoral system - proportional representation

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It will be coalition called BRExit CON

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Latest poll - be afraid, be very afraid

Latest poll - be afraid, be very afraid

In the latest poll from 19th-20th June

https://mailchi.mp/survation/new-pol...e=%5BUNIQID%5D

LAB 26% CON 24% BREX 20% LD 18% GRE 6% CHUK 1% UKIP 1% AP 5%

This will deliver a Lab-Lib-SNP coalition government.

If Boris is in charge a few Brexit party voters switch to the Tories but some Tory voters leave for the Lib Dems

LAB 26% CON 26% BREX 16% LD 21% GRE 6% CHUK 1% UKIP 1% AP 5%

That result is worse for the Tory Brexit party coalition that end up with 258 seats.

be afraid

Working...
X