• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Immigration White Paper: Post-Brexit migration plans unveiled"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    “Theresa May will be ‘forced to back down’ over migrant curbs
    Rebellious ministers believe salary threshold after Brexit will be £21,000, not £30,000‘

Theresa May will be ‘forced to back down’ over migrant curbs | UK news | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    We tend to hire the best Aston CS graduates, usually those who had (paid) internship program with us for a year - we successfully compete against very large companies in that.

Our training program got Princess Royal Award in 2018: 2018 Recipients | Princess Royal Training Awards
    Excellent, thanks for proving Paddy wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I think you'll find it's actually just a quiet period in the call center...Haven't you noticed that he only comes on at certain times, shift work you see
    I’ll let someone else explain the fallacy of your statement there, it’s too late for me, to help those with obvious learning difficulties.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    It was the best i could offer due to the shock of seeing you online past your bedtime
    It’s fine really, we’re all aware your ‘best’ is nowhere near good enough, in many aspects of your life...your posts are ample evidence - keep sluggin away though son

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    While on the subject of employment - agencies should be banned from charging more than admin amount for placing people, total parasites that make good people avoid seeing direct employment

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Seriously though, are you trying to say you hire the cheapest (without the skills), then train them up?
    We tend to hire the best Aston CS graduates, usually those who had (paid) internship program with us for a year - we successfully compete against very large companies in that.

Our training program got Princess Royal Award in 2018: 2018 Recipients | Princess Royal Training Awards

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    Every contract that I see advertised in my SAP market usually states ASAP,
    Yeah, well, that's the methodology isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    It was the best i could offer due to the shock of seeing you online past your bedtime
    I think you'll find it's actually just a quiet period in the call center...Haven't you noticed that he only comes on at certain times, shift work you see

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Thanks for that substantial intellectual contribution to the thread

Ps. The usual muppet(s) claim it’s 17:30, do try and keep up if you’re going to join in

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Oy beanie, have you not seen the time? It's past 5 o'clock. What are you still doing on CUK? A bit of overtime you racking up there
    Thanks for that substantial intellectual contribution to the thread

Ps. The usual muppet(s) claim it’s 17:30, do try and keep up if you’re going to join in

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Funny that, my personal anecdotal evidence from working for some of the larger ftse 100 clients is that, they use a mixture of permy and contractor workers...fancy that, horses for courses

I agree about hoovering up the mistakes though, bring on the mistakes
    Oy beanie, have you not seen the time? It's past 5 o'clock. What are you still doing on CUK? A bit of overtime you racking up there

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The thing is the rates will become what the markets can take.

Most businesses will quickly realise (as many already do) that sometimes getting in low paid staff does not always generate the expected benefits.

And so they will pay more to get the right combination of skill and qualities they want - and that has not changed for contractors for years and is the reason for the need to keep your skill set up to date.

As a business you simply need to see it as another threat and find a way to counter it.
    Don't fancy your chances in the brave new world

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I am investing into this country 7 digit amount every year.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    The larger (FTSE100) companies I work for neither know nor care what the low paid staff actually get. They sign the contract with Accenture, TCS, IBM, Wipro, etc to get a job done, for better or for worse.

The only benefit that they measure in terms of resourcing is whether the project is delivered on time for the budget provided.

Which is nice for experienced contractors as we come in and hoover up the mistakes, but it’s not going to stop the bodyshops.

Which is why I am contending that if it is difficult now against those outfits, it will be even more so in the future if “IT” is designated as an open-visa skill and the floodgates are opened.
    Funny that, my personal anecdotal evidence from working for some of the larger ftse 100 clients is that, they use a mixture of permy and contractor workers...fancy that, horses for courses

I agree about hoovering up the mistakes though, bring on the mistakes

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    We invest in training people
    FTFY

Seriously though, are you trying to say you hire the cheapest (without the skills), then train them up?

I.e. you wouldn’t use bodyshop workers...or contractors

Leave a comment:

Working...
X