• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for the retired regarding MVL"

Collapse

• contractorZ
    replied
    It was many years ago I used MVLOnline, I would also recommend based on closing my company.

My company was closed in 2015.

A measure of success for me is that the service was smooth and just as importantly there has been no queries from HMRC since then.

Leave a comment:

• Maslins
    replied
    Thanks for updated comments Addanc.

ChimpMaster - yes, the HMRC department issuing clearances got decimated over Covid. Different liquidators dealt with it different ways, but it did indeed mean most liquidations, which are already slow processes, became significantly slower in 2020-2022! Cases since aren't really impacted by that anymore, but there is still a significant (and normal) delay between liquidator saying "your case is effectively finished", and company status becoming "dissolved" at Companies House.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Mine did not finalise to Dissolved for over 2 years. Delays over Covid etc. with the various official bodies.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    MVL Online have responded promptly and explained everything, now a happy bunny, I would recommend.

Info for any other MVL virgins:
    #1 Apparently the company can remain in a "Liquidation" state for up to 6 months before finally going to a "Dissolved" state;
    #2 When the company is in the "Liquidation" state, company related notifications (e.g. confirmation statement request) can safely be ignored.
    #3 I very rarely have Emails go AWOL; I would recommend tracking progress through the portal rather than relying on Email updates.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    When was the MVL completed?
    Who did it for you?
    I was informed today that MVL completed on the 01/12/2023. I was not informed until I Emailed MVL Online today.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Addanc View Post
    Should the company status be "Closed" on Companies House when the MVL has completed?
    When was the MVL completed?
    Who did it for you?

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Should the company status be "Closed" on Companies House when the MVL has completed?

Leave a comment:

• Crossroads
    replied
    I've done two MVL's. No problems with the first (not with MVL) but the second (with MVL) was faster, easier and I was better informed. Not that I'll be doing it again but if I did I'd use MVL again.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    MVL Online also recommended.
    Yep, I’ve used them. Very happy with them.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    MVL Online are great

I'll add another that I've personally used: Insolvency Practitioners London and the UK | Frost Group , also very good

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    MVL Online also recommended.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Yup, go to MVL Online.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I think most on here would talk to Maslins as a first port of call
    Would and some of the senior members already have. +1 for MVLOnline from me.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Addanc View Post
    Has anybody used SFP Corporate Solutions for MVL? How was their handling of the MVL process?
    Their accounts are currently overdue.

I think most on here would talk to Maslins as a first port of call

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    started a topic Question for the retired regarding MVL

Question for the retired regarding MVL

Has anybody used SFP Corporate Solutions for MVL? How was their handling of the MVL process?

Working...
X