• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nixon Williams in Dec 2022 informs customers about cyber attack in Jan 2022"

Collapse

• starnose
    replied
    To add insult to injury ...

My UK mobile number recently went offline because I have lived out of the UK for about a year and a half now. After enquiring how I might continue to log on to my account to monitor my credit over the next several months, Experian emailed me saying

"I'm pleased to inform you that there is no option to add your Non-UK phone number in your Experian profile.

Why are you pleased?!

I've pushed back to ask explicitly if there's any way to log in without a UK mobile number and they've firstly just repeated themselves, and when pushed again they told me that perhaps if I had a subscription to Identity Plus (which I do! That's the whole point!) I could log on and look at the service, or if I would like a credit report to please send them documents X, Y and Z.

Great service there.

Leave a comment:

• BoggyMcCBoggyFace
    replied
    To date no response etc to questions disgusting imo.

Quackhandle Just ring Experian the number is 0800 881 5181 its meant to be a dedicated line I spoke to someone there couldnt answer questions really.
    Last edited by BoggyMcCBoggyFace; 3 January 2023, 17:07.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Ah crap I left the Experian email in my junk mail and it has deleted it, along with the Experian membership id code.

Would I have to go back to OptionIs to get them to resend it?

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 3 January 2023, 11:32.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

How did that work with the VW Diesel scandal? I didn’t make a loss (heck it was utterly impossible with the lease deal I got) yet got money for both cars I owned in the time frame.
    But you did. It was less fuel efficient than it was claimed to be. Therefore a material loss was proven.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

Ambulance chasers. Waste of time.

You need to prove a material loss as a result of the breach.
    The ICO will do the punishment for any breaches.
    How did that work with the VW Diesel scandal? I didn’t make a loss (heck it was utterly impossible with the lease deal I got) yet got money for both cars I owned in the time frame.

Leave a comment:

• BoggyMcCBoggyFace
    replied

Agreed they are but at the moment or to date Parasol etc not answering question people impacted rightly should have answered so look like solicitor only way, I'm not bothered about comp I just want answers, plus it will be years of mointoring for me as without squeaky clean credit file I cannot work in my sector.
    Last edited by BoggyMcCBoggyFace; 22 December 2022, 13:39.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
    I've had nothing in post, emailed Parasol CEO nearly a week ago with questions no acknowledgement no reply, Experian seem to do no more than tell you to mointor no answers to questions.

Seems the group action is through Keller Postman solicitors looking at their site latest update I can see is June when apperently Optionis deny responsibility, anyone here part of the Keller claim? Also noticed on Keller updates in Feb 2022 it was mentioned they knew data as far back as 2009 had been found yet we were only told in Dec.

Leave a comment:

• BoggyMcCBoggyFace
    replied
    I've had nothing in post, emailed Parasol CEO nearly a week ago with questions no acknowledgement no reply, Experian seem to do no more than tell you to mointor no answers to questions.

Seems the group action is through Keller Postman solicitors looking at their site latest update I can see is June when apperently Optionis deny responsibility, anyone here part of the Keller claim? Also noticed on Keller updates in Feb 2022 it was mentioned they knew data as far back as 2009 had been found yet we were only told in Dec.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied

it's not just current customers.
    I left SJD in 2015 and was possibly subject to the data breach.
    Of course. Obvious really. (Do these firms still have enough current customers to fill a telephone box?)

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Surprise to me is that they still have enough clients to actually justify the effort of sending out in multiple batches. Why do people stick like glue to such train wreck firms?
    it's not just current customers.
    I left SJD in 2015 and was possibly subject to the data breach.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Well the letters need to be sent to every single Optionis customer - the only surprise is they are doing them in batches.
    Surprise to me is that they still have enough clients to actually justify the effort of sending out in multiple batches. Why do people stick like glue to such train wreck firms?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by adubya View Post
    Same letters coming out from SJD now.
    Well the letters need to be sent to every single Optionis customer - the only surprise is they are doing them in batches.

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Same letters coming out from SJD now.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And leaving NW was a good one as well

To be fair we've been telling people to leave NW and the other big ones for a long time now but people are still waiting until it goes wrong before listening. Same with SJD. People are still coming on even now saying 'well I've not had any problems so far' but we all know they will.
    How true. And the evidence suggests there's still a fair number of people out there who don't even know when they have a problem. Then the day of trouble dawns and it's all someone else's fault.

One of the lesser likeable traits of human nature, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Yeah. I thought I might of been over the top when I pulled out, but it was the best decision I ever made.
    And leaving NW was a good one as well

To be fair we've been telling people to leave NW and the other big ones for a long time now but people are still waiting until it goes wrong before listening. Same with SJD. People are still coming on even now saying 'well I've not had any problems so far' but we all know they will.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X