• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Salary Advance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Salary Advance"

Collapse

• fidot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I see you omitted to answer the more critical part of the 2 part question.
    I haven't answered that part ad I have no knowledge nor opinion about it.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by fidot View Post
    The amount was specified in the OP
    I see you omitted to answer the more critical part of the 2 part question.

Leave a comment:

• fidot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    And, how much?
    The amount was specified in the OP

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by Geekman View Post

Thanks for checking. I think I am safe. I have gone with umbrella so will have my PAYE salary from umbrella; no salary from limited company. Wife will continue to take limited company salary. No we are not spending tax money. thanks!
    What is the company paying your wife to do whilst it is effectively dormant? And, how much?

Leave a comment:

• Geekman
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's a bit tough as that's the way to do this. You have a loan, the wife needs an advance. You sure you aren't digging yourself a hole here? What happens if your gig evpaorates tomorrow?

You got enough money in the account to make sure your dividends are coming out of profit and are not illegal? You aren't spending your tax money hoping you can pay it back later?
    Thanks for checking. I think I am safe. I have gone with umbrella so will have my PAYE salary from umbrella; no salary from limited company. Wife will continue to take limited company salary. No we are not spending tax money. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

True. In the process of changing them as soon as company year ends.
    I'd agree with the last couple of posts. If you need to leave you leave. Accountants should bend over backwards for your new business at the moment. It's a doddle if you are in FA and they will go above and beyond to onboard you in the current climate. You hold the power now.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

I already have taken it early this year so don't want to use that option
    That's a bit tough as that's the way to do this. You have a loan, the wife needs an advance. You sure you aren't digging yourself a hole here? What happens if your gig evpaorates tomorrow?

You got enough money in the account to make sure your dividends are coming out of profit and are not illegal? You aren't spending your tax money hoping you can pay it back later?

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

that a sales pitch?
    Could be seen that way! Just an innocent helpful comment in reality though.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post

Some firms don't charge for catch up fees if you swap mid year so it shouldn't cost any extra.
    that a sales pitch?

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    replied

no point. They'll take months to do the year end. You just need to accept it's gonna cost you to move.
    Some firms don't charge for catch up fees if you swap mid year so it shouldn't cost any extra.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

no point. They'll take months to do the year end. You just need to accept it's gonna cost you to move.

Leave a comment:

• Geekman
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If you don't trust your accountants to the point you have to come ask a random set of contractors I'd suggest swapping accountants.

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    replied
    As others have said, it's a straightforward loan from the company. Each month where she doesn't get a salary in actual cash, the wage on paper is credited against the loan advanced. No issues to doing this if you need to go ahead with it. Let the accountant deal with the accounting!

Leave a comment:

• Geekman
    replied
    you could take a directors loan and give it to her
    I already have taken it early this year so don't want to use that option

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    This is pretty standard double entry book keeping. Just let the accountant handle it. It is simply a loan without interest, and the loan just enables them to balance the books. The loan is paid off over several months.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X