• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salary Advance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post

Some firms don't charge for catch up fees if you swap mid year so it shouldn't cost any extra.
    that a sales pitch?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

that a sales pitch?
      Could be seen that way! Just an innocent helpful comment in reality though.

Comment

Originally posted by Geekman View Post

I already have taken it early this year so don't want to use that option
        That's a bit tough as that's the way to do this. You have a loan, the wife needs an advance. You sure you aren't digging yourself a hole here? What happens if your gig evpaorates tomorrow?

You got enough money in the account to make sure your dividends are coming out of profit and are not illegal? You aren't spending your tax money hoping you can pay it back later?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

True. In the process of changing them as soon as company year ends.
          I'd agree with the last couple of posts. If you need to leave you leave. Accountants should bend over backwards for your new business at the moment. It's a doddle if you are in FA and they will go above and beyond to onboard you in the current climate. You hold the power now.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's a bit tough as that's the way to do this. You have a loan, the wife needs an advance. You sure you aren't digging yourself a hole here? What happens if your gig evpaorates tomorrow?

You got enough money in the account to make sure your dividends are coming out of profit and are not illegal? You aren't spending your tax money hoping you can pay it back later?
            Thanks for checking. I think I am safe. I have gone with umbrella so will have my PAYE salary from umbrella; no salary from limited company. Wife will continue to take limited company salary. No we are not spending tax money. thanks!

Comment

Thanks for checking. I think I am safe. I have gone with umbrella so will have my PAYE salary from umbrella; no salary from limited company. Wife will continue to take limited company salary. No we are not spending tax money. thanks!
              What is the company paying your wife to do whilst it is effectively dormant? And, how much?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                And, how much?
                The amount was specified in the OP

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                  The amount was specified in the OP
                  I see you omitted to answer the more critical part of the 2 part question.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I see you omitted to answer the more critical part of the 2 part question.
                    I haven't answered that part ad I have no knowledge nor opinion about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X