• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK - going downhill rapidly"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Grind
    As long as you are paying she doesn't mind.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Bump
    Grind

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Thanks for pointing this banner out to us. We understand the risks associated with some working practices and these banners were booked and went live quickly without going through our usual advertising controls. This is no longer live on ContractorUK. We don’t intentionally carry advertising that is not considered a ‘mainstream’ solution for contractors. We have different advertising on different parts of the site , eek, the forum is separate to the news and guides. If you could all help our quality control by reading every article we publish from your work machine, home machine and mobile and then clicking the advertising that shows on each page to make sure they are OK then we would be really grateful

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Did I say they were? No, I didn't.
    True dat.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Did I say they were? No, I didn't.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That's exactly what I would expect a tax avoidance solution to say
    Oops... Cojak was the person who mentioned K&B. Looking at their website with their calculators for inside and outside IR35 I think we can say they have nothing to do with PAYE compare...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Tash @ K&B Accountancy View Post
    Since our name has been mentioned in regards to this thread, I would like to clarify that we are firm of contractor accountants. We do not offer any tax avoidance solutions or advertise high retention take home pay model.
    That's exactly what I would expect a tax avoidance solution to say

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    It's better they are advertised here, that way when a newbie see's them he asks here NLUK can rip the newbie a new one.
    Last edited by Unix; 28 January 2016, 09:35.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Couldn't see any adverts, then I turned off ad blocker (sorry Admin ), all the advert images are hosted by CUK, but the intermediary links seem to be out of the remit of admin, looks like google handles the adverts
    I was under the impression they gave you control over ads to a greater or lesser extent though. I'm certain a host can block individual ads?

Leave a comment:

• Tash @ K&B Accountancy
    replied
    Since our name has been mentioned in regards to this thread, I would like to clarify that we are firm of contractor accountants. We do not offer any tax avoidance solutions or advertise high retention take home pay model.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Couldn't see any adverts, then I turned off ad blocker (sorry Admin ), all the advert images are hosted by CUK, but the intermediary links seem to be out of the remit of admin, looks like google handles the adverts
    Aah good old Google, not only do they pay no tax they facilitate the same service for the little people via their ads

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    I think that, if contractors hadn't been consistently targeted by HMRC over the last few years there would be less of a market for them.
    Yep, the law of unintended consequences is completely lost on Government and HMRC.

Arguably, IR35 created a much bigger problem than it was designed to solve.

Have they learned anything? Of course not.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    These schemes will always operate. Hardly caused by HMRC is it?

I am now fan of HMRC. They let big companies pay no tax while cracking down on the small fry. They are incompetent at best. They use retrospection.

The bigger issue is that some people are stupid.....
    I think that, if contractors hadn't been consistently targeted by HMRC over the last few years there would be less of a market for them.

You're not a fan are you Brillo, be honest now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X