• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Urgent advice: HMRC liabilities"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Probably not a sockie. Nonetheless, he's been given all the advice he could possible want, so I'm locking the thread.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Pray tell how you managed to owe this much tax in the first place?

If its because you thought sod it and blew the lot, living a life of riley then I have zero sympathy I'm sorry. Not much if you tell me you didn't understand it all either.
    OP has spent a third of that pile of cash on women and another third on drink/drugs.... the last third, he just wasted that by the sounds of it

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Pray tell how you managed to owe this much tax in the first place?

If its because you thought sod it and blew the lot, living a life of riley then I have zero sympathy I'm sorry. Not much if you tell me you didn't understand it all either.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I thought you didn't have an accountant - isn't it just you and an abacus Freeagent?
    OSX has a calculator (although oddly iPads do not)

Not even free agent, a series of spreadsheets from these guys http://www.diyaccounting.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Sad Case

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Personally, I would like to extend our needs to know about blackmail and financial fraud, that interests me, also.
    Maybe he's got a syndrome!!

Maybe he is pathologically impulsive. He half knows he shouldn't be buying all that champers and sharing it with those dodgy blondes, especially as he's driving a Porsche at the same time. But he just can't help himself. Never could.

Anything we tell him: won't make any difference...

Leave a comment:

• sociopath
    replied
    Maybe he's just a sockie

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If he withdrew everything then there would be no Corporation tax due surely?
    Depends on how he withdrew it. If it's a loan or a dividend then there will be.

Leave a comment:

• vadhert
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Then hes fine. Just need to pay the VAT man and personal tax.

I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Last edited by vadhert; 15 December 2015, 16:33.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vadhert View Post
    Regardless of personal situation. This should never happen. Its not personal money so don't treat it as such.

Sounds like everything was withdrawn including the kitchen sink.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    +2.

Or go umbrella. It seems you can't be trusted to look after the tax man's money.
    I think he needs an accountant either way, to sort out the current mess.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I hope my smart ass accountants have a calculator to be fair
    I thought you didn't have an accountant - isn't it just you and an abacus Freeagent?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Sadly old bstone73 doesn't realise we aren't interested in his debt repayment which is boring in the extreme. The only thing we're really interested in is how he got into this situation. Especially if it was connected with sex, drugs, gambling or something involving animals.
    Personally, I would like to extend our needs to know about blackmail and financial fraud, that interests me, also.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Jesus wept, How on earth did you get into this mess
    I'd rather not go too much in detail why I am unable to pay ... as these are more of a personal nature.
    Sadly old bstone73 doesn't realise we aren't interested in his debt repayment which is boring in the extreme. The only thing we're really interested in is how he got into this situation. Especially if it was connected with sex, drugs, gambling or something involving animals.

Leave a comment:

• vadhert
    replied
    Regardless of personal situation. This should never happen. Its not personal money so don't treat it as such.

Sounds like everything was withdrawn including the kitchen sink.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vadhert View Post
    Jesus wept, How on earth did you get into this mess ??

Oddly enough it's very easy. You don't do anything and hey presto.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X