• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's bloody chicken kievs AGAIN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's bloody chicken kievs AGAIN

I give up this freezer-lead eating I'm doing. Can anyone suggest something interesting to cook that is DIFFERENT but EDIBLE. That means not meat and three veg and not octopus tentacles or monkey brains or something that you rich bugger contractors eat.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Can't beat a decent curry.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
      Can't beat a decent curry.
      I make my own curries now - got bored of them though

Comment

tin of stewing steak, tin of beans, microwave for 2 minutes, ciabatta bread, sorted

Comment

That actually sounds rather tasty. Might try that!

Comment

Boil some pasta tubes in salted water, drain, stir in a couple of tablespoons of pesto, grate some parmesan cheese on top and grind over a little black pepper. Eat with some ciabatta with a saucer of olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar to dunk. Ready in 10 minutes and full of slow release energy. Sorted.

Comment

Try Cypriot cooking. Deep-fried Halloumi cheese and deep-fried chunks of cucumber (the oil will go foul and black but carry on until it starts flaming regularly) with pitta and humous and/or tzatziki. I imagine there's more to cypriot cooking than that, but that will do for now.

Comment

Beans on toast ?
                Cheese and onion sandwich ?
                Case of Guinness and a big bag of prawn crackers ?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Green
                    A packet of bacon, some sliced white bread, and a mug of strong tea.
                    Where do you stand on the sauce and butter issue, FG?

Personally I'm a "no butter and Daddies" man myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X