• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought you had to have killed 5 to be a serial killer? Do unconfirmed victims count?
    Do you get a badge? A certificate? A letter from the Home Secretary to say "Well done!"?
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      An hour and 15 mins to go.

Not that I'm clock watching.

There's no clock in here.
      32 mins to go.

Comment

I was most impressed to read last week that now antioxidants aren't so good for you after all.

Apparently some of these free radicals are good for something or other, but I've forgotten quite what.
        That's right. It is very important one gets one's input of oxidants and antioxidants just right for good health.

The facts that one's saliva is alkaline and neutralises weak acids, one's stomach has hydrochloric acid which then wipes out alkalis and the strongly alkali bile wipes out any remaining acids are all irrelevant. They in no way have any effect upon the oxidising or reducing effects of the agents in one's food. Oh no. Definitely not.

It is NOT bollocks the rubbish the health food 'experts' tell you. Oh no.

The pH of your food is what determines the pH of your body. Definitely. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the tens of thousands of monitors and controls your body makes to maintain the balance for itself.

A science article in the Daily Mail said so, so it must be true. The article right next to a Quacktor Gillian McKeith advert.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          We need some Courgette soup! That'll fix the flu!
          a) suicide is not a valid treatment.

b) If you had real 'flu you wouldn't be posting on here. You'd be in bed, dying.

Comment

I suppose I'd better go & firkle about with that poxy etch tank.

Ho hum.
            'firkle about'?

I don't remember that when I did Electronics.

That's why you've got in a job in education and I haven't. You know the advanced stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              i thought chicken soup was the proven antidote to cold and flu?
              I had forgotten all about that!

Chicken soup for colds - that's the way!

Comment

And pickled onion sandwiches as you get better.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

With proper pickled onions, mind, not that shop bought rubbish.

Comment

The kind of pickled onions, made at home in the kitchen, so that the evaporated acetic acid strips the paint off the walls during the cooking process.

Comment

That gives me an idea.

Bread dough wrapped around a pickled onion before baking.

Hmmmm, I wonder.....
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X