• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    a beautiful picture of a fairy and inside a sweet note saying that she loves her and wants to know if she is real and what her favourite animal is.
    I would imagine the Tooth Fairy's favourite animal would be something like a shark or an alligator - one of those things that loses teeth constantly, but regrows them ready to lose again, throughout its vicious predatory existence.

If I understand matters correctly, such beasts could keep a whole army of Tooth Fairies occupied

P.S. Love the glitter idea

Comment

A domain I own expires shortly, along with the hosting therefore.

Given that I've owned it for several years, and have never had any more than a holding page up, it seems foolish to renew the hosting. However, I shall renew the domain and point it to that Amazon EC2 server of mine - I already have a subdomain thereof sitting on there to play with. Paying Easily for a year's hosting (including mySQL and suchlike) seems like foolishness when I'm already paying for a server that can host it perfectly well while I work out what to do with it.

I may end up moving all of my domains over there, unless Easily get their act together to move away from PHP 4 (which isn't even supported any more, not even for critical security issues IIRC), and to provide mysqli extensions by default (as prepared statements are an absolute minimum requirement for avoiding SQL injection attacks - I can avoid them without, but the process is messy and prone to human failure).

I should probably stick a at the end of this post.

Comment

Just started to watch Micro Men, and realised how disgustingly filthy my screen was - I had to dig out the screen wipes

Judging by the first few minutes, Alexander Armstrong seems to be doing a good job of Clive Sinclair, with one caveat: the top of his head isn't nearly shiny enough.

I once bumped into Clive Sinclair (almost literally - I wasn't looking where I was going) at the PCW show at Earls Court in the Eighties, and the one deep impression I carried away was just how exceptionally shiny the top of his head was under the exhibition hall lights

I mean, seriously: it was a case of looking at him and although I was thinking "Oh wow, it's Clive Sinclair," that thought was pushed almost to the back of my mind by the thought "Wow, that head is really shiny!"

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Bump.

Morning all.

Comment

if that's what it was then nope. can't say i gave it much of a look. 10 seconds to identify it as crap. is that harsh?
              Very.

Coz it's not. It's very funny. The Zen of Police work.

Though in 10 seconds you're not likely to find that out.

Bit late to start when it's on episode 19 out of 21 though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I'm now sure - I can't get Beeb 4
                oh dear oh dear oh dear
                what can you do?
                a) Retune it again?

My freeview box didn't see any of the BBC channels the first time through.

They came back on the 2nd attempt.

b) Improve the aerial?

c) Get a freesat box?

Comment

right, lets have a go at that chair leg...
                  Is this a "you'll never take me alive, copper" chairleg, wrapped securely in a black plastic bin bag?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Is this a "you'll never take me alive, copper" chairleg, wrapped securely in a black plastic bin bag?
                    If so, the plod will be around to execute you with extreme prejudice at your earliest convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      What does it matter? No-one will ever read this post.......
                      Wrong!

Comment

Working...
                      X