• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    the car radios are all set to r4 (for me) and other stations that i don't listen to for the rest of the family. unless they are in the car with me. in which case i do.
    My car radio has its four buttons allocated thus:
    1. Radio 3
    2. Radio 4 at home
    3. Radio 4 wherever I happen to be gigging
    4. Whatever the previous owner had it set to

- although the last one probably isn't correct, as I think it loses its settings when the battery is disconnected.

I don't often use the Radio 3 one, but it's a useful fallback if Radio 4 gets extremely boring.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      who the devil are you anyway?
      Surviving, sir. Finish contract tomorrow, and can't wait - not a moment too soon!!

How's DS23?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

i'm not bloody surprised. bloody soaps. mind you. tpd is a bit like a soap. actually, it's a lot like a soap. actually, oh jesus h christ it is a soap.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          I do not recall every hearing anything exciting on Plod FM.
          I once heard a vehicle check being carried out. It transpired that the suspect vehicle in Bedfordshire bore the number plate of a tractor from Kent

During the miner's strike we could hear the police planning stuff up north in the early hours of the morning, as we lived on a hill and had very good reception.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I don't often use the Radio 3 one, but it's a useful fallback if Radio 4 gets extremely boring.
            ditto on that fitzy. i have r3 as a fallback. i often forget to use it though and just turn the bloody thing off.

now though i have ipod connectivity! hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours (etc,) of my own stuff. and rather a lot of stuff from tapecity that i haven't had a chance to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              My car radio has its four buttons allocated thus:
              1. Radio 3
              2. Radio 4 at home
              3. Radio 4 wherever I happen to be gigging
              4. Whatever the previous owner had it set to

- although the last one probably isn't correct, as I think it loses its settings when the battery is disconnected.

I have mine set in the right order:
              FM:

1 - R1
              2 - R2
              3 - R3
              4 - R4
              5 - nothing
              6 - ClassicFM

AM:

1 - 1089 (which was Radio1)
              2 - 693 (was Radio2)
              3 - 1215 (was Radio3? was Virgin at one stage?)
              4 - 198 (R4)
              5 - 909 (R5)
              6 - 252 (Atlantic 252)

Always have set it that way since my first car.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

MrsF is now the proud owner of a VW campervan (1988 T25), which is so noisy that it's only worth listening to the radio when the engine isn't running.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  They are probably still hacking their way through the blubber, working in shifts to avoid fatigue.

Comment

I need to get new speakers for the van, as the front only has tweeters, which is OK for when camping but not so good when driving.

Then I might get a DAB radio and an SD card / USB reader. I was annoyed at having to listen to the shipping forecast rather than the cricket this summer.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      I bet voodooflux is lying there, all groggy, in pain, with a mobile device on the bed with ":wave:" on the screen and his finger hovering over the "Submit Reply" button.

Comment

Working...
                      X