• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    What's the term for having your name in all 5 slots?

I've managed it before, but I'm not aware of an actual term for it - though there's probably some compound word in German. Something like Bewohnerfünfslotsforumbelegt

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Insomnia?
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Something like Bewohnerfünfslotsforumbelegt
      That's a relief.

I was worried it might have been 'loser' or some such.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I caught up with a trio of chavettes as I was wending my way home tonight. They'd been in the FMB bar, and were now straggling over about twenty yards of pavement.

They were all shouting inane garbage back and forth, fit to wake the dead. I was almost catching up with them when two young chaps (black) came out of a side road. As they passed the chavettes, one of them told them to keep the noise down as people were sleeping, and got a load of abuse in return (though at least it wasn't racist).

As I was about to overtake the leading one, she lurched across the pavement, having espied two chaps walking in the opposite direction on the other side of the road.

"Hey," she bellowed, "I wanna kick your fμcking teeth in!"

They ignored her and carried on their way, which inspired her to hoot "Come on then! Fμcking say it!"

What she wanted them to say was not made clear. I'm guessing that a critique of Coleridge's use of the Lunar Goddess myth in The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, or a brief analysis of Wittgensteins private language argument, would not appear prominently on the list of possibilities

Having failed to evoke a response from them, she then realised that I had gone past on the inside and started shouting at my back: "Hey, you! Fμcking..." - but I couldn't decipher the rest; her enunciation left a lot to be desired.

I'm sure her parents are very proud of her

Comment

Morning all
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            That weeks holiday flew past...... and I start new Gig tomorrow...

Comment

Oi Drewst!!! Welcome back and well done one the gig front!

Morning all!

Morning CM! (again)

Studying "Op Amps" at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I caught up with a trio of chavettes as I was wending my way home tonight. They'd been in the FMB bar, and were now straggling over about twenty yards of pavement.

They were all shouting inane garbage back and forth, fit to wake the dead. I was almost catching up with them when two young chaps (black) came out of a side road. As they passed the chavettes, one of them told them to keep the noise down as people were sleeping, and got a load of abuse in return (though at least it wasn't racist).

As I was about to overtake the leading one, she lurched across the pavement, having espied two chaps walking in the opposite direction on the other side of the road.

"Hey," she bellowed, "I wanna kick your fμcking teeth in!"

They ignored her and carried on their way, which inspired her to hoot "Come on then! Fμcking say it!"

What she wanted them to say was not made clear. I'm guessing that a critique of Coleridge's use of the Lunar Goddess myth in The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, or a brief analysis of Wittgensteins private language argument, would not appear prominently on the list of possibilities

Having failed to evoke a response from them, she then realised that I had gone past on the inside and started shouting at my back: "Hey, you! Fμcking..." - but I couldn't decipher the rest; her enunciation left a lot to be desired.

I'm sure her parents are very proud of her
                FFS, kill it before it breeds!

Comment

morning all

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Morning all!

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    morning all

Comment

Morning all

Just discovered my work password has expired.

Deep joy.

It's never let me reset it remotely so I suppose I'll have to wend my weary way in & do it on site...

FEck.

Comment

Working...
                      X