• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see I am going to get nowhere fast with this USB WiFi adaptor.

Having restored my desktop, I've tried to install the driver again and...

... a non-booting Windows.

Isn't it just lovely when something works first time? Or so I hear, anyway.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Having a tool that takes a ohysical image of a partition does make restoring it much easier.

It's just a shame about the incremental backup...
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

What's really annoying is that the Missus said: "You will do a backup of your desktop first, won't you?"

Comment

I'm sure it is either psychological or some physiological reason, but it seems to be warmer now that it was a couple of hours ago.

Comment

I tried an experiment last night.

During Spider Patrol, one of the alien octopeds escaped into the vent flap on the double glazing. So I closed the vents on the windows.

A preliminary patrol went out earlier to determine how big an assault would be required this evening, but the scout returned to say they were few infesting unwelcomables this evening.

Hmm.

Have I found their point of entry? Are their teleport landing pads inside the window frames?

Comment

Another Spider Patrol has come back and reported "No sightings".

They're up to something. I can feel it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  I tried an experiment last night.

During Spider Patrol, one of the alien octopeds escaped into the vent flap on the double glazing. So I closed the vents on the windows.

A preliminary patrol went out earlier to determine how big an assault would be required this evening, but the scout returned to say they were few infesting unwelcomables this evening.

Hmm.

Have I found their point of entry? Are their teleport landing pads inside the window frames?

Maybe you now have the information you need to cut off their arachnid smuggling chain.

Remember: take them by the balls, and their hearts and minds will follow

Comment

I really don't know what this place is coming to

Walking home tonight, some guy got out of a car he'd just parked in a side road and started walking behind me with a very determined stride. As my own stride is very determined, I simply kept track of his location behind me (without looking round, of course) and continued on my way.

He passed the kebab shop, keeping pace. He passed the next side road, keeping pace. I decided to adopt one of my usual strategies: find something to look at that gives me a reason to slow down and let them pass me without showing any sign of weakness or susceptibility.

The obvious place to start is by looking over the road; no mugger would see anything untoward in that. So I glanced over the road - and realised that a couple of hundred yards of the pavement over there was surrounded by blue-and-white "Police Do Not Cross" tape

I came to a halt for a few moments to take in the situation. There was a Police car parked on the pavement at the end of the tape; they had ended the cordoned area so as not to impede access to the chip shop on that side, which suggests that the chip shop is not directly implicated.

Meanwhile the chap who had been behind me had carried on past. I wasn't overly surprised, as I continued on my way, to see him turn in to the sleazy brothel - oops, I mean "massage and sauna parlour". He didn't close the door behind himself, and there seems to be a problem with the return spring. As I walked past, the door clunked shut, even though he'd already been in there for nearly half a minute; so I assume he was told to shut it properly behind him

I couldn't care less about the brothel and its customers; that's been there for years, and the armed robbery a while back inconvenienced them, not anybody else.

I am concerned that large swathes of pavement have to be sealed off as crime scenes

This place is really going down the tubes. What with the polytechnic forming an alliance with the council to destroy anything of value and the massive upsurge in late-night crime over the last couple of years, I think I may just make my millions and get out of here.

I'd always vaguely assumed that the millions, once made, might be usefully employed in improving the place. Unfortunately, the powers that be don't want to improve the place. They want to enrich themselves by wrecking the place.

I shall take my millions (once I have them) elsewhere
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 23 August 2009, 02:31.

Comment

You will be pleased to know we were not kidnapped, murdered nor eaten in our sleep.

Unless the alien octopeds teleported us away, experimented us, wiped our memory and put is back. There is no reason to believe that did not happen, not any evidence to suggest it didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X