• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    No, her name wasn't Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabraaaaaaaaaaaaa...

HTH...

She was remarkably trim and tasty though...
    You're not supposed to eat them!
    (Not in that way, anyway!)

Comment

Morning all
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Get a room, you two...
        I can't see or hear that phrase now without being reminded of an incident involving a couple I knew a few years back.

A big group of us were getting together in a pub in Manchester one weekend. He and She had been conducting an internet romance for some time but had not yet consumated it.

At some point in the afternoon, having been in the pub for 3 or 4 beers, they snuck off without the rest of us noticing.

A few minutes later the barman comes over and says to us :

"'scuse me folks, but I thought you'd like to know I've just seen your two mates on the CCTV going into a cubicle together in the ladies loo's."

This was met by a few seconds of incredulity, followed by the realisation that they had in fact both dissapeared and the bars mans explanation that they dont have the camera's viewing the cubicles themselves, just the main toilet area to deter drug dealers which is why he'd been able to see them.

On their return a few minutes after that they were met with loud cheering, whistling, jokes about making sure they flushed the evidence and the news that a couple of us had nipped across the road to a convieniant internet cafe in order to post this particularly juicy piece of gossip on every forum or bulletin board we knew they had accounts on

It became common practice from then on for the phrase "Get a room!" to be replaced by "Get a cubicle!" and it's still what I think of whenever I hear it
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I can't see or hear that phrase now without being reminded of an incident involving a couple I knew a few years back.

A big group of us were getting together in a pub in Manchester one weekend. He and She had been conducting an internet romance for some time but had not yet consumated it.

At some point in the afternoon, having been in the pub for 3 or 4 beers, they snuck off without the rest of us noticing.

A few minutes later the barman comes over and says to us :

"'scuse me folks, but I thought you'd like to know I've just seen your two mates on the CCTV going into a cubicle together in the ladies loo's."

This was met by a few seconds of incredulity, followed by the realisation that they had in fact both dissapeared and the bars mans explanation that they dont have the camera's viewing the cubicles themselves, just the main toilet area to deter drug dealers which is why he'd been able to see them.

On their return a few minutes after that they were met with loud cheering, whistling, jokes about making sure they flushed the evidence and the news that a couple of us had nipped across the road to a convieniant internet cafe in order to post this particularly juicy piece of gossip on every forum or bulletin board we knew they had accounts on

It became common practice from then on for the phrase "Get a room!" to be replaced by "Get a cubicle!" and it's still what I think of whenever I hear it
          The shame!!!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Morning all. Long time etc. If someone can give me a summary of news, that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Morning all. Long time etc. If someone can give me a summary of news, that would be good.
              • House of Commons in disarray
              • Labour to be spanked on Thursday in local and European elections
              • Swine flu
              • Air France aircraft crashed into the Atlantic

In other news, Gordon Brown is still a ****.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Hey stranger Hows tricks?
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Many years ago I was working in a pub where a couple were reported going for it in the Ladies. It was a small pub, and a comparatively quiet night, so we went round every table telling all the customers to cheer, stamp their feet, whistle, and so on when the couple emerged

When the whole pub erupted into applause as they emerged, they looked extremely embarassed, and left rapidly via the back yard

Comment

BTW, I've been extended until early December

Better start doing something, I suppose

Comment

Afternoon all

Comment

Working...
                      X