• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    For some reason I'm reminded of something by J B Morton, writing as Beachcomber many years ago[/SIZE]
    My late grandfather, Richard, known for some reason by my late grandmother as "Tim", loved Beachcomber.

I knew you'd be interested in that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      What was next? Oh yes, this BIG wasp / hornet nest.

In my infinite wisdom I decided to knock it from the roof of the shed with the rake.
      I always leave them alone... there's been a couple of small nests in my garage over the last few years, but they've never lasted long.

And yes, you do get queen wasps.

Without them there wouldn't be any other wasps.

Comment

Do you think it may have been a farmer, on holiday and away from home, fantasising about his favourite cockerel?
        Very likely...

I wonder if this piece of crap will allow me to edit this in a minute or two...

Oh it will... amazing.

El BrowneIssue

got
        a
        00*

!!!
        !!!

Merely for completeness or something

*subject to revision in the event of newbie posts...

Trees are still happy...
        Last edited by zeitghost; 10 May 2009, 08:29.

Comment

So... what's the verdict on the new ST film then?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            This is for faqqer's key stats........
            Done.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

oh, and

Comment

Well, I've not been banned. So that's something.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Well, I've not been banned. So that's something.
                  Have you been causing trouble again?

Comment

I don't suppose Incongito is talking to me today.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I'm having great fun analysing all this stuff and gaining further insights into the relationship between sensory data and mental perceptions
                      I saw a film about an experiment on kittens. From birth some were kept in a white box with horizontal black stripes. After some weeks they were taken out; they could not percieve verticals. A stick waved in front of them would get a lesser and lesser reaction according to how near to vertical it was.

Ditto for kittens in boxes with vertical lines; they could not perceive verticals.

However, they quite quickly adjusted to their new environment and became normal.

ANother was from the 1970s or 1960s. A bloke wore special specs wwith mirrors in that showed him the world upside down. It took him somethng like 4 weeks to adjust and to see this as normal. When he then took them off, the right-way-up world (which of course it is not on the back of the eye!) was as bad as the inverted one four weeks earlier; he was unable to walk about without bumping into things.

All clever stuff, innit?

Comment

Working...
                      X