• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning drivellers.

You know it's going to be a bad week when your struggling to stay awake at 10:30 on Monday Morning
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Morning squire

How was the weekend of drunken debauchery?
      good laugh had by some. I think I need to get a new pair of shoes. I think I might have danced the soles off them.

A few of the lads were boring and didn't get with it, so there was a splinter group of fun luvin lads

Comment

friday night we gave it large and we might have peaked too soon.

The lasses on the friday night certainly didn't eat at the salad bar, it was like a weight watchers night out.

The second night was a lot better - plenty of totty.

I'm wondering if there was a special at the restaurant hence the reduced numbers

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Morning drivellers.

You know it's going to be a bad week when your struggling to stay awake at 10:30 on Monday Morning
          Morning DB

I can empathise - I didn't get to sleep until after 2.00am, so it was most unwelcome when the alarm went off at 7.00am (having slept through the first alarm at 6.30am).
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I have another esteemed customer who doesn't understand the workings of the breadboard.
            I have trouble comprehending this every time you say it.

Unless the world has moved on, you are talking about the plastic box with hundreds of holes and copper strips inside joining all the holes in a given row. Yes?

And you made circuits by poking the legs of components through the little holes?

The same gadget all of us in O level physics used to join batteries to light bulbs via a switch?

The gadget I used in my first electronics AO level (or OA, I forget which it was) lesson to join batteries to light bulbs? And then went on to build a small radio? Just for practice before we got on with our own projects, and then used a breadboard for prototyping prior to cocking up our own circuit boards?

(As the teacher said: 'mock up then cock up').

How old are these people you are dealing with? What sort of course are they doing?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              good laugh had by some. I think I need to get a new pair of shoes. I think I might have danced the soles off them.

A few of the lads were boring and didn't get with it, so there was a splinter group of fun luvin lads
              I think that can happen when the group is large - it's easier for the more "reserved" characters to find like-minded people in the party rather than having to put some effort in.

The best stag do's I've been on have been with relatively small groups. Although to be fair I can only assume those were the best - they're also the hardest ones to remember

Comment

Morning DB

I can empathise - I didn't get to sleep until after 2.00am, so it was most unwelcome when the alarm went off at 7.00am (having slept through the first alarm at 6.30am).
                Went to bed just after midnight, dozed on and off and dint actually get to sleep till about 4 am. Then got woken up by the alarm at 6:00. Was a real effort to get out of bed.

Wish I'd stayed there now.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Went to bed just after midnight, dozed on and off and dint actually get to sleep till about 4 am. Then got woken up by the alarm at 6:00. Was a real effort to get out of bed.

Wish I'd stayed there now.
                  Aye, it was very tempting to take a few hours off this morning to catch up on some sleep

Then I did the mental calculation of how much that would cost me and got out of bed...

Comment

Aye, it was very tempting to take a few hours off this morning to catch up on some sleep

Then I did the mental calculation of how much that would cost me and got out of bed...
                    The only reason I didnt was that I had a couple of meetings booked this morning and I havn't been permie long enough to developed the "Bollox to it" attitude yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                      I have trouble comprehending this every time you say it.

Unless the world has moved on, you are talking about the plastic box with hundreds of holes and copper strips inside joining all the holes in a given row. Yes?

And you made circuits by poking the legs of components through the little holes?

The same gadget all of us in O level physics used to join batteries to light bulbs via a switch?

The gadget I used in my first electronics AO level (or OA, I forget which it was) lesson to join batteries to light bulbs? And then went on to build a small radio? Just for practice before we got on with our own projects, and then used a breadboard for prototyping prior to cocking up our own circuit boards?

(As the teacher said: 'mock up then cock up').

How old are these people you are dealing with? What sort of course are they doing?
                      Yes.

That's the thing.

Hyper complex. Especially with a picture on the wall showing the insides of the fecking thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X