• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

You truly are an inspiration to us all!
    I try to please...

Comment

<quietly, so as not to wake you up>

I've been w*rking, I'm sorry to say... I've installed 12 of the fiddliest connectors in the known universe... it's only taken about 2 hours.

Comment

But isn't it good to know you can still be inspired to feel passion in your work?

Indeed.

However I find it somewhat unjust that as my eyes get worse, all the stuff I work with gets smaller and smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Anywhere nice?
          Too right. A two week cruise in the Western Med. Spain, Portugal, Ibiza Italy, Gibraltar. Most excellent. Loads of sleep, lots of excursions. Lots of good grub. Some light exercise. Lots of fresh air.

Mrs BI ate so well she actually lost 1½ lbs! (And I only put on 2.5 Kgs).

This was part of Mrs BI's new philosophy: since I won't take holidays during contracts, she has decided that as I approach the end of one she will just book a holiday at short notice.

(Our last holiday was a long weekend in Amsterdam in January 2006 .)
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            I was in Edinburgh meeting up with friends from uni. I can vaguely remember boasting that I would drink two sambucas for every tequila they drank. What a twat.
            Excellent! A duly deserved hangover with a story to be proud of. To make it perfect, can anyone remember who collapsed last? If not, you all win!

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            I'm using the free wi-fi on the train which isn't great but it's better than 3g.
            That is not reassuring to know. I have been dithering about 3G for some weeks and you have weakened my motivation.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              I'm trying to write a document for the Financial Services Authority.
              Do you need any help? I'm sure we could think up some suitable titles / subject matter.

"Bank Charges and Why They're Too Trivial to Worry About"

"Endowments are Best; Trust the Moneylenders"

"Belly Button Fluff and How to Examine It as a Career Choice"

"The Health and Safety Implications of Turning Two Blind Eyes"

sort of thing.

Comment

Too right. A two week cruise in the Western Med. Spain, Portugal, Ibiza Italy, Gibraltar. Most excellent. Loads of sleep, lots of excursions. Lots of good grub. Some light exercise. Lots of fresh air.

Comment

Bumpity bump....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Bumpity bump....

How are you?

Comment

Bored.

Tired and bored.

I did all that work this morning and that bunch of tossers^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hesteemed student customers haven't bothered coming in this morning.

Or this afternoon either, so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X