• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    morning all

Oh dear. Sleepy monkey.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Morning drivellers

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      You know it's going to be a bad week when your struggling to stay awake at 10:30 on Monday Morning
      been a good weekend
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        (As the teacher said: 'mock up then cock up').
        We queried that and he just rolled his eyes.

Doing a prototype did not prevent us cocking up our circuit boards; it merely reduced the amount of cockups.

One of my projects was a variable output power supply. It had a 16 pin chip in it (for some reason, I forget why).

I had misunderstood the pin-out diagram in the RS catalogue and spent a scary hour very gently binding all the pins on the chip to go up instead of down so I could solder it in the wrong way up.

Comment

Oh the relief.

The esteemed customers have all buggered off.

Comment

Morning everyone
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              I had misunderstood the pin-out diagram in the RS catalogue and spent a scary hour very gently binding all the pins on the chip to go up instead of down so I could solder it in the wrong way up.
              Nothing to be ashamed of there... the first Spectrum had a dead bug chip in it...

And I did the same thing back in the black tape days with a voltage converter chip... though the datasheet for that gave the topview rather than the bottom view of the pinout.

Not only that, but CadStar did it last week... for some reason if you mirror the component (a transistor) on the schematic (circuit diagram), it thinks you want to mirror it (put it on the other side of the board) on the pcb...

I was ever so please to find that it had done that to a transistor on my dtmf decoder thingie that I built on Friday.

Most schematic capture packages wouldn't do that... there's no link between the orientation of the part on the cct diagram & that on the pcb.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Morning everyone

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Morning everyone
                  Morning CM

Haven't we forgotten something?
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Bored now.

Again.

I may have to do something more interesting.

I've already rewired the charger for the B&D versapak batteries coz the plugtop part had burned out... I wondered why the drill was getting slower & slower...

Comment

For my next project I was thinking of designing a dual axis suntracker for a solar panel.

Sadly I can't understand all this azimuth and elevation stuff...

Should be easy enough if I can get my head around the maths.

So.

What's this "cos" thing then?

Comment

Working...
                      X