• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Afternoon all
    Hi Scourer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      They do a very nice battered cod in the pub in Cambridge - I had one the other day
      What, no steak

There's a French restaurant/pub just outside Bewdley that serves cod on a bed of mash potato, and it's wonderful. I think this recipe is looking a likely candidate for this evening.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I came back.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

I came back.

How was the walk? Was there a pub involved?
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Afternoon everyone

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Afternoon denizens

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Afternoon all
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

How was the walk? Was there a pub involved?
              It certainly was.

We went up to Woodhenge to have a look. It is free, has good explanatory signs and is interesting. Much better than Stonehenge has become.

Then we walked up to the nearby pub, The Stonehenge Shafter. It is an old hippies pub; grey-haired hippy mums playing with granchildren and their carved wooden toys (no guns, of course) on the floor.

A bottle of beer and an orange&lemonade: £5.50.

Blooming capitalist hippy robdogs!

Comment

Then we came back and I did some gardening. I pulled up the pull-uppable weeds and then used technology.

Rather than stuggle, I inveted in some spray weedkiller and, treat of treats, a FLAMETHROWER!

Much to my disappointment, my FLAMETHROWER does not blast jets of buring heavy oil 30 yards, across the road to the houses opposite, buring them down in moments. It is a lighter on a stick that projects a candle flame onto weeds to warm them up and cause them stress.

So I played with that for a bit.

Comment

I also did the drive out the front. We have a shared 'front garden' with the neighbours; it is a mews and covered with gravel. Our half is growing weeds.

So I spent ages out there sorting that. I filled a big black sack with weeds from the front. I even raked the gravel to even it out.

Just as I was pulling up some grass at the front, Him-Next-Door pulls up and drops off Her-Next-Door. She inspects my handiwork, tells me how to pull up weeds and then points out I need to cut the grass on my back lawn.

Mrs BI & I have a character flaw in common and in common with all teenagers.

DO NOT ******* TELL ME TO DO SOMETHING I AM ALREADY DOING, BITCH.

Remember being told to do your homework when you were already doing it? Remember how cross it made you?

So the gardening ceased there and then for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    West Brom 3 - 1 Wigan

Comment

So then, I decided to do something else. I pulled our push bikes out of the shed (unused for 2 years).

I invested in a tyre pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter some years back. (Our corroded alloy wheels cause flat tyes and the tyres need pumping up fortnightly.)

I decided to see if it could pump up bicycle tyres.

It can!

So now the bikes have pumped up tyres and lubricated chains, gears & brakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X