• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just back from the footie

Comment

When I went in the shed a couple of days ago, I saw an egg-sized circular thing on the inside of the roof. It looked like the start of a wasps nest.

Today it was twice as big, but no sign of life.

As I put the garden tools away I stood underneath this round, brown, papery thing and looked in. A furkin' great wasp looked back.

Do you get queen wasps? If not, this bugger was a hornet.

So I ran away and it buzzed round the shed for a bit. I sort of danced and dithered like a 3 year old girl at a wedding reception. Which must have looked great with my builder's bum hanging out.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Oh yes. Builder's bum.

[ sorry for any typos, by the way. I have disabled my add-ons including my spell chequer. ]

The first thing I did when back from the walk was to fix the leak in the roof of the shed. A Proper Man's Job.

I'm not very good at Proper Man's Jobs. If I were, I wouldn't have chosen a career that guarantees a desk job in the warm and dry.

Anyway, the roof of this shed is strips of felt with that tarmaccy stuff on. The local sell-everyhing-hardware-shop sold me some BlackJack to fix the leak. Mmm. Blackjack. It even sounds like a Proper Man's Product.

This stuff is great. It's like treacle and you paint it over the gap in the roof felt strips and that seals it. Apparently. Then you throw the paintbrusgh away 'cos it ain't ever gonna get clean. Just like my jeans, hands, watch and hair.

Anyway, I was up on the kickstep painting the roof, black sticky stuff on my hands with my jeans sliding lower and lower.

Eventually it was only my manhood keeping my jeans up!

Oo-er!
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

What was next? Oh yes, this BIG wasp / hornet nest.

In my infinite wisdom I decided to knock it from the roof of the shed with the rake.

Two furkin' great monsters flew out and came at me.

I ran away like a little girl. But a sensible little girl, you must admit.

I know it was like a little girl 'cos when I told Mrs BI what I had done she said:

"I guessed as much when I heard you screaming ssyou ran into the house."

I thought I was The Avenging Hero. Do you think she will still respect me in the morning?

Comment

So that left a problem.

At least two BIG wasps flying round the shed door.

And two bicycles till on the lawn.

Oops.

The bicycles are now in the kitchen, where they will stay until tomorrow, I think.

Big decision when do I creep out and close the shed doors?

I'm not doing Proer Man's Jobs any more. I'm just a big fraidy.

Comment

We got a visit from an ex-colleague the other night. Beside dropping off two dozen empty wine bottles (I train my friends well), she said her brother is in town on Saturday "fancy going for a Chinese?"

I need to be in the shower to clean up, then get dressed and hit the town.

If I'm not wrecked and making an embarassment of myself by 9:30, hell will have frozen over.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                I'm just back from the footie
                Did you win?

Comment

I'm all shiny clean now.

I suspect that about 11pm I will think it is a good idea to put the bikes back in the shed.

In the dark.

Time to get dressed now.

Comment

Evening all
                    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                      Evening all

How are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X