• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are things?
          Busy!! that's the only way to describe everything at the moment. Mainly things are good though - kids are full of mischief as usual!

hope you get things sorted with your boy, sounds like a difficult time! BB1 is only just 3 and he's hard work sometimes!
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
            hope you get things sorted with your boy, sounds like a difficult time!
            WHS
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                NO! in a nutshell

Could not talk the agent round 'cause I had not got Wire diagrams on my CV -I said it would just be part of the functional spec.

Anyway-

Had an 'Interview' with pimpette from one agency for another role at the LS and she is putting me forward for the role but interview are not due untill mid May.

She said they have placed a couple of people there over the last couple of months.

Oh well!

What VF says further down - there's always a place for the best, but sometimes you have to wait for the best place. When it turns up, you'll be glad you didn't settle for something else that was available sooner, but rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                  Whats on the menu tonight then Nick?
                  Steak tonight

In the pub, not the Beefeater - this place has an adjacent Beefeater, but it has no real ale, which renders it useless

I was thinking about the steak as I was driving down this morning... somehow, at the start of a week away, a nice steak and chips helps one settle in to "the other life"

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I am now watching life on Mars
                    Or is it watching you...

No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us. And early in the twentieth century came the great disillusionment.

Dot dot dot...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter.
                      But they all lived and died none the wiser, and I expect that we will too. I sleep at night with that attitude

Now I am not familiar with the source of your quote so I am off to investigate.

Comment

Working...
                      X