• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Problem between chair and keybaord

Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
        Anyway - my wine glass is nearly empty

I need to go and fill that up
        Nowt for me tonight - I have to go and pick DS1 up in about 5 minutes.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Wine glass is full again

well it was

now it's half empty again........somehow
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Right - wine glass full again.....

..... it's a very small glass...honest
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Oops
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This is rather cool for those with webcams (SFW).
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Problem between chair and keybaord

Thanks though.
                  Let me know if the problem persists - I've never actually used iWeb, but I might be able to help

Feel free to PM me if necessary, as my can-talk-without-fear net access is variable at the moment (in the week), but a PM will catch me via email

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    This is rather cool for those with webcams (SFW).
                    Hmm... possibly not feasible from a Premier Inn.

Also, the "Getting Started" has five steps

I've spent ages thinking about how to get my possibly-forthcoming Facebook app to the point where it has three steps - the third step being "That's it!" or, in Monty Python vernacular, "There is no step three."

Research that I can't be bothered to find the links to at this time of night shows that people (that is, normal people, not geeks like us) are very unlikely to go beyond three steps in a "Getting Started" process. However, they go mad for one where they are told up front that there are only three steps.

And even better is when they are told there are three steps, but - although they are informed in advance of this fact - the third step doesn't exist

It's strange but true: when explicitly told in advance that step three doesn't exist, they like it even more than a one-step process, and are more likely to "convert" - or "sign up", or maybe "register", as I prefer to phrase it, given that I hate marketeers' vernacular (which makes it rather unfortunate that I'm currently contracting at a marketing agency).

(I wrote some code the other day to analyse the number of conversions from a particular marketing campaign. I was sorely tempted to coin property names such as "suckers" or "spamees", but as a contractor one has to go with the flow of the business, so I settled on "conversions". Looking back, "converts" would have been better. Ho hum )
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 6 March 2009, 01:32.

Comment

Morning drivellers

Comment

Working...
                      X