• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Hey

How is Mrs BP? Know when the funeral is yet?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Ok, night everyone

Sweet dreams

Night doggie, see you tomorrow
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Ok, night everyone

Sweet dreams

Night doggie, see you tomorrow
          Night!

Comment

Designing the technical masterpiece ... $60,000,000

Coming up with a corporate brand ... $25,000,000

Making sure everything, but everything, is all shiny white, white, white to make it distinctive ... $7,000,000

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Oh, FFS...

I come home, plug everything back in, and my MacBook isn't charging

I dick about for ages, even going to the extent of disconnecting the AC power, removing the battery, and resetting the SMC.

Does it work? Does it fsck.

Then I realise that, rather than plugging in the white plug of the MacBook's power supply, I've plugged in a light grey plug that isn't actually connected to anything

Note to self:
            You're
            A
            Sodding
            Imbecile!

Having sodding imbeciles for users?
            Priceless!
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Priceless!

I just discovered another fail on the Mac. When using Internet Connect (which is used to hook up to the net via modems and such) the "Connect" button turns into a "Disconnect" button when activated. As a result, an accidental tap on the trackpad when a connection is being established immediately causes that connection to be disestablished

I'm pretty sure this change in behaviour of the button goes against the Apple User Interface Guidelines... yet this comes from Apple themselves

The obvious (to me) UI is to have two buttons: a "Connect" button that is disabled when a connection is active, and a "Disconnect" button that is disabled when no connection is active.

It seems that somebody took the idea of simplifying the interface one step too far with this one - the idea is to simplify the user interface as much as necessary, not simplify it to the extent that it impedes the user

Re-purposing controls to have a different and opposite purpose when the system changes state can be useful in some circumstances. In this circumstance it isn't.

Ho hum

Comment

Thought For The Day

Although they clean these hotel rooms, it stands to reason that they can't do a deep clean every day.

Human beings shed loads of particles of dead skin every day.

Moving around in a room will inevitably disturb the finer of these particles, causing them to drift about in that part of the Earth's atmosphere contained within the room.

Therefore, there's a good chance that, as I sleep, fragments of other people who I will probably never meet are passing into my lungs with every breath.

On that note, goodnight

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Priceless!
                  I thought it was just me who had imbeciles for users?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Thought For The Day

Although they clean these hotel rooms, it stands to reason that they can't do a deep clean every day.

Human beings shed loads of particles of dead skin every day.

Moving around in a room will inevitably disturb the finer of these particles, causing them to drift about in that part of the Earth's atmosphere contained within the room.

Therefore, there's a good chance that, as I sleep, fragments of other people who I will probably never meet are passing into my lungs with every breath.

On that note, goodnight

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X