• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got ready for work this morning walked into back room and realised I had been burgled, must of happened yesterday during the day, the f*ckers wedged opened the back sliding doors and got in the, they must of been disturbed though as they only did one room, not too much gone, but all home insurance can do is board it up temp until new doors made.

Next door was burgled 3 weeks ago, they must have been watching the house or me as my car is always on the drive and they still did it.

Recon I can claim loss of earnings on the insurance as I have had to take a day off ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      Got ready for work this morning walked into back room and realised I had been burgled, must of happened yesterday during the day, the devils wedged opened the back sliding doors and got in the, they must of been disturbed though as they only did one room, not too much gone, but all home insurance can do is board it up temp until new doors made.

Next door was burgled 3 weeks ago, they must have been watching the house or me as my car is always on the drive and they still did it.

Recon I can claim loss of earnings on the insurance as I have had to take a day off ?
      Thats terrible - but at keast you are OK.

Have you had your local coppers been round yet? When our friends got broken in, nothing taken as they disturubed them, they all came round two days later !
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Morning all...

Have I missed anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          lurkers out

El Brillo

got
          a

!!!
          !!!Two (or more) in a row & a bonus mark!!!
          !!!

Merely for completeness or something
          Last edited by zeitghost; 30 December 2008, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
            ^G, perhaps

May have been humiliated yesterday (1-5) but the millennium would make up for it
            Millennium!

El BEL

got
            a

!!!
            !!!Millennium!!!
            !!!

Merely for completeness or something
            Last edited by zeitghost; 30 December 2008, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              Thats terrible - but at keast you are OK.

Have you had your local coppers been round yet? When our friends got broken in, nothing taken as they disturubed them, they all came round two days later !
              Next door was burgled 3 weeks ago, I contacted local bobbies and they never got back to me they are comming around now. Thing is I'm loosing 2 days money now, today waiting for them to do the finger printing and board it up / make secure and Friday as they need to send a surveyor around as they messed up the sliding doors totally. Insurance wont cover me for loss or earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The 39 Steps is a most excellent Ripping Yarn

Hopefully it'll be more faithful to the novel than some of the film versions. I'll have to watch it on iPlayer, as I'm already into Top Gear.

Better to live in hope...

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  As a student I would often work through the night whilst listening to Bob Harris on Radio 1. One night I was so bored writing a paper on Occam that I phoned him for a chat
                  Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I always fancied getting into the Transputer, but never had the opportunity.
                  Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  I never had the opportunity to play with one first hand either unfortunately. I did have a good chat with Bob Harris about Toad The Wet Sprocket though.

I have a transputer training kit in the junk room...

And lot of other junk too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    Got ready for work this morning walked into back room and realised I had been burgled, must of happened yesterday during the day, the devils wedged opened the back sliding doors and got in the, they must of been disturbed though as they only did one room, not too much gone, but all home insurance can do is board it up temp until new doors made.

Sorry to hear about that, mate.

Buy a rottweiler...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Sorry to hear about that, mate.

Buy a rottweiler...
                      They would probably have nicked that !

Lots of pedigree doggies have been nicked in our area. They wait until you place a 'Reward Notice' then try and claim the reward or scam you for more money.

Was warned about this when we got our staff bull terrier. However we also have a scruffy large mongral who scares most people off
                      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
                      X