• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientist gets to the bottom of love

The 'heart' symbol used to represent love is actually based on the shape of female buttocks, according to a scientist.

Pscychologist Galdino Pranzarone, who studied the origins of Valentine's Day, says the symbol is inspired by a woman's bottom as seen from the rear.

Prof Pranzarone, of Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia, told Discovery News that he analyzed "essential literary and speculative evidence from mythology and secondary sources."

"The twin lobes of the stylized version correspond roughly to the paired auricles and ventricles of the anatomical heart," he said.

But he added that the organ "is never bright red in color" and its "shape does not have the invagination at the top nor the sharp point at the base."

Pranzarone indicated that the ancient Greeks and Romans could have originated the link between human female anatomy and the heart shape.

The Greeks, he said, associated beauty with the curves of the human female behind.

"The Greek goddess of beauty, Aphrodite, was beautiful all over, but was unique in that her buttocks were especially beautiful," he said.

"Her shapely rounded hemispheres were so appreciated by the Greeks that they built a special temple Aphrodite Kallipygos, which literally meant, Goddess with the Beautiful Buttocks.

"This was probably the only religious building in the world that was dedicated to buttock worship."
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Comment

Yes they have them in the shops in the nearby town. Quite disconcerting.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Is this the end.......?

Comment

Or is this the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

Has Fortune Green ran out of pictures?
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Comment

Test please delete ...
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X